Run N Slam 2019

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, May 3, 2019.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    I just arrived at Spiece for Run N Slam. I’ll do the same thing as last year where all my observations will go in this thread.

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,342
    Hey now. *WE* just arrived lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Watched the first half of 2020 Indy Heat. Powell and Pack both absent which is a major disappointment. Ivey just flat out dominated.

I (oops, WE) moved to the 2021 Indy Heat group. Julian Roper (Detroit) instantly impressed. Kid looks like a stud. The competition isn’t good enough to really evaluate him, but I feel pretty comfortable saying he’s Top 50 and I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s an eventual 5 star. No rating on 247 but he has a Wisconsin offer already.

This is my first look at DJ Hughes who has had past Butler interest at least. He’s got a couple of dunks and a couple of “And 1” finishes through hard contact. He’s smaller than I expected though. I’ll be watching him a good amount this weekend.

Kamari Lands looks dominant still. His shooting form is still terrible but I think it’s actually improving. He still hits shots despite it. He’s just a major athlete.

cornette33 and Lukas Harkins like this.
  4. dawgnation

dawgnation Active Member

Money:
    $185
    Have you seen at Butler coaches at the event or all they all tending to Eugene right now?

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    It’s not a live period. No D1 coaches allowed.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Indiana Elite game finishing up right now. Leal was extremely underwhelming. Most of the team was for the first half really. Galloway is having a pretty nice 2nd half and knocked in several 3s.

Lander is a 2021 PG who is a top 20 player in the class per 247. He’s legit and has absolutely dominated this game. He has a very low release but he’s hit some tough 3s and has just sliced through the defense off the dribble all game long. His game is a little hectic but I’m sure that will change as he gets older and stronger.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Meanstreets vs OBC 2021 class. Meanstreets has a lot of intriguing athletes. David Joplin (Milwaukee) is probably my favorite at first glance. Nathaniel Hoskins (Danville, Illinois) is playing well and just had a nice finish with his left hand driving to his right. He’s got maybe 8 points in the first 6 minutes of the 2nd half alone. Jaylin Gibson hasn’t been ultra productive here but he is a major athlete and just feels like a big time player.

I like #1 and #35 for OBC, but their roster has no names so I’ll have to figure those out later. 35 is flat out ripped PG for a sophomore and has a smooth pull up jumper.

This seems to be a talented group, I’ll probably have more names to mention later.

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I got names for OBC.

#1 for OBC is Jalin Billingsley. 6’8” forward with some guard skills. His combination of size and raw skills/versatility give him an NBA ceiling. I talked to his dad for a while and he has a whole bunch of low/mid major offers. No HM offers yet but it’s obviously very early still. There are multiple 7 footers in the family so they are hoping he continues to add even more height.

#35 is Seth Wilson that I described above.

Amarion Dickerson was very intriguing. He’s a wiry 6’7” with a long wingspan (Kam Woods type) and is just a freak athlete.

Tae Perie was another that stood out for OBC. Quick guard with a fluid jumper. I don’t see much on any of these guys online as far as rankings go. I bet a few of them end up high major though. I’ll be sure to watch them again.

chc3 likes this.
  9. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,242
  10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    He’s here today with a brace on his left wrist.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    First game of the day and I just watched Indiana Elite score 15 points in the first half (16 minutes). That sums up about how well they are playing this weekend so far.

Indy Heat 2020 is going on as well next to me. Kiyron Powell is barely ranked in the top 250 but he’s way better than that. He’s another Kam Woods build but he has a lot more skill. Early he knocked down a contested catch and shoot 3 with a quicker than expected release. He’s got several Big East offers. He could legitimately shoot up to a 5 star depending on how his skills and body develop over the next year.

12. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,242
    thanks

13. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,242
    that's the Powell I want...

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    DJ Hughes continues to have success as a rim runner. He’s got maybe 7 dunks in 1.5 games so far.

Young and Reckless up 12 at the half. Kimahri Wilson is a combo guard that is having a great game. UIC only offer so far. He’s knocked down a few 3s and had a smooth pull up mid range jumper to go with a handful of assists after getting into the lane.

Julius Rollins is also intriguing. I don’t see any info on him out there. He’s a super bouncy wing listed at 6’5” but has a huge wingspan. He’s been matched up with Lands in a fun battle. Both have blocked each other multiple times.

cornette33 likes this.
  15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Darrell Reed has been an absolute monster on the glass and finishing at the rim. I can’t find any recruiting info on him on my brief search online. He’s listed as 6’7”. If he was 6’10” he would be an elite recruit. It will be interesting to see if he adds any height in his final 2 years of HS.

16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Indiana Elite 2020 with a much better showing in a blowout against All Ohio Red (EYBL team). Leal looked much better. Trey Galloway and Leal are very similar players, but Galloway has been clearly superior so far. He’s more athletic than I first thought. He’s had 2 dunks so far that I didn’t see coming. One was a drive down the lane and a dunk on top if someone, and the other was finishing an alley oop that I thought was sailing out of bounds. Both Leal and Galloway are a little mechanical and it makes the shot release slower than I’d like, but both are very fundamental.

bwesson15 likes this.
  17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    All Ohio Red appears to be headed to a win against Ohio Hoopsters. I wasn’t particularly amazed by them but I did see some pieces that might be interesting. Stephen Coleman Jr is a PG who has made several pretty passes. He’s got a few turnovers from nearly hitting open guys in the head with the ball when they weren’t expecting a pass to be able to get through.

Vernon Smith Jr. is 6’7” and a well built athlete. He’s had a couple nice finishes down low and looks skilled enough that his athleticism can carry him.

Kobe Johnson is another well built guard who can get into the lane. He knocked down at least one 3 and I think two, but then did miss a few free throws. His body/athleticism reminds me of KJ Walton for those who remember him.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    D’Ante Davis looks real nice for this 15U Spiece team. I assume it’s a brother or close relative of D’Andre Davis (Nebraska commit). He looks better (more polished shot) at the same age based on my 1/2 game sample size.

Tayven Jackson (Trayce’s brother) is also on this team. 6’4” guard. He has the size and skill that he should be high major as well. Unlike his brother, Tayven has a nice looking jump shot.

cornette33 likes this.
  19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    D’Ante Davis is putting on a show here in the 2nd half and carrying Indy Heat, who trail Mid Ohio Pumas late. He’s doing everything on offense. They can’t keep him out of the lane and he’s had multiple athletic, circus finishes around the rim. He looks every bit like a top 25 player in the class right now.

jkcdawgs and cornette33 like this.
  20. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Indy Heat 17U just lost in the opening round of the tournament. Up 4 20 seconds they gave up a bucket + a foul, then an offensive rebound on the missed FT and a made 3. Stunning upset.

jkcdawgs likes this.