Run N Slam 2019

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Jared Grubbs, May 3, 2019.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    Watched YnR again. We will see if I still think this after they’ve played some of the top teams here, but I would fully support an offer to John Poulakidas right now.

I’m surprised I can’t find any recruiting info on Julius Rollins. He’s a 6’5” wing who is an outstanding athlete with handles to get to the rack. He’s fairly productive already and has a sky high ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Poulakidas is done early. I was hoping to see him play a squad like Meanstreets or Spiece or something. He made a lot of tough jumpers this weekend. He would be an amazing stretch 4 if he could add just a couple of inches. Right now he’s more of a 3. His production was great today, but I do wonder how well he would perform against elite level athletes that could disrupt his shot. Overall I came away impressed though. He’s better than I expected.

Julius Rollins told me he is receiving interest from Rutgers, Stephen F. Austin, Florida Atlantic, Loyola, and Milwaukee.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    15U Bracket games going on right now. Andre Casey and Jalen Washington are a pair of long, athletic bigs for Meanstreets. Their production hasn’t exactly been elite or anything but they are clearly elite recruits. NBA level ceilings.

I like the play of Ozzie Banks so far. 6’3” guard who has gotten to the lane off the bounce multiple times and has been banging down low for offensive boards.

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    2020 Jamoni Jones of Grand Rapids Storm has impressed me. He’s quick and has made some electric passes. He’s the main reason Grand Rapids just gave Indiana Elite a decent game.

We’ve watched a bunch of Elite games and I think I’m sold on Galloway. Im not sure how involved Butler is anymore but I believe he’s the real deal. Last year at this event I said Butler should be aggressive going after Leal, but I haven’t been as impressed this time. Now that IU has offered and appears to be the heavy favorite Im not sure he’s going to be worth the uphill recruiting battle.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I like this 16U (2021) Meanstreets group. Their center is Trey James at 6-10 220. He’s looks like a future high major player. Lots of Big 10 interest but no offers. He’s shown some nice footwork and touch in the post. Butler will be looking for a big in that class most likely, so I’d love to see them pursue him. He’s from Kentucky.