Rysheed Jordan - 2013 Guard (St. Johns)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109
  2. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    RE: Recruiting Notes

I know Scout doesn't always accurate reflect "Schools of Interest," however I found it interesting that the #25 player on the new 2013 Top 100 lists (5-star) PG Rysheed Jordan from Philadelphia, PA having Butler as a school of interest.

I will try to see where the connection between Jordan and Butler began this afternoon.

3. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $436

In the newest version of Scout rankings, 5 star PG Rysheed Jordan is ranked 25 and is listed with Butler interested.
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2013

4. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

Recruiting Notes (June 10, 2011)
    With 3 spots available in 2013 and likely 1 PG being needed (along with the two PF/C positions) I like where we are looking - Demetrius Jackson and Rysheed are both elite guards.

However - in this video - dated July 7, 2011, he does not mention Butler. I personally don't see this developing as Butler has not had too much success on the East Coast (minus Florida).

5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109
    RE: Rysheed Jordan - 2013 Guard

This is probably just wishful thinking (I haven't gotten the chance to research the interest level here), but a top 25 recruit who has listed Butler as recently as this summer deserves to have his own thread.

6. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

Ya, I have done more digging and it doesn't look like there is much there. Following him on twitter makes me think he is not the type of player Butler might be interested in either. Talking about how he was better than everyone at the Elite 24 event this weekend and F**k them all, etc. But young kids sometimes get carried away on social media.

Either way, former Butler PG Mike Green mentioned that Rysheed is a neighborhood kid and that he knows him quite well.

7. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

There wasn't much keeping Rysheed connected to the program and with this recent quote, I moved the thread to the archives.

Rysheed Jordan's Stock Keeps Rising