Santiago Vescovi - 2020 Point Guard (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by UDDawg, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $266
    Bumba, I don't know you and this is a dumb back and forth, but Spanish/Mexican ingredients is not a thing. I was born and lived overseas. Family lived in Madrid and have friends who live in Madrid, Sevilla, Barcelona and Malaga.
    Spaniards do not love heat in their food. It's foreign to their cooking. Spanish cuisine is Mediterranean. Lot's of fish, olive oil and veggies.
    Mexican food has components of Mediterranean food, but Mexican food includes much more Chicken, Beef, Pork and an array of spices we have learned to love. Resort towns, which are closer to water, use more fish, but include heartier sauces and spices.
    FUK is not a dipsh*t on this occasion.
    Back to complaining about Butler's 2022 recruiting class.

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
    So I guess my mother-in-law coming into town and cooking for us Uruguayan dishes must have been wrong since she lived there for 3 years? Whatever. I'm so tired of fighting with all of you I could truly care less either way. And I never said cooked over fire. She boiled almost all of the meat, pork, chorizo, etc. because that's how they ate when they didn't barbeque.

3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,990
    He never said cooked over fire either.

Tentozen likes this.
  4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    All I know is that my Honduran and Ecuadorian friends get testy when Mexican culture gets conflated with theirs. I don't know anything about Uruguayan culture.

Regardless, I hope Vescovi loves Indy and Butler on his visit.

5. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,508
    This. Spanish and Mexican cuisine is quite different. Just look at chorizo and chicharrones -- both exponentially better in Spain (fight me).

I've been to Madrid, Barcelona, and Sevilla. Still need to visit the Basque Country, Asturias, southern Andalusia, and Valencia.

godogs91 likes this.
  6. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,508
    Eres un idiota.

7. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $266
    Sorry, heat was in reference to spice. HAHA, I was rereading this over and over. We all have our points of reference.
    What else are we supposed to do during the off-season? Do you have a life? Obviously, I do not, that is why I troll on a Butler Basketball board :)

bumba likes this.
  8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,151
    I wish Vescovi would visit but he is not here on the visit. LJ went to visit him and Brown is the one who is about to visit Indy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    My bad. I was under the (wrong) impression they both would be in town.

10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,151
    No worries. I wish with all my heart Vescovi would visit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon likes this.
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    Yep. No matter the language, this is the truth.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    Cubans and Puerto Ricans hate Mexicans.

I don't know anything else except for bullfighting and soccer. And Barrios.

13. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $993
    Maybe we should have Lukas write an article on Santiago so he can feel the love on twitter. That is if he has twitter.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    *gorjeo*

15. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,444
    Not unless we have word of a visit (as in the case of Brown - who I had already started a piece about before the visit announcement for later down the road) or more information regarding his recruitment.

Also, to be honest, I haven't seen enough of his game to feel comfortable writing a piece about him. I try to know a fair amount about any player before I write an article or segment on them.

There will be plenty of Butler content coming over the offseason, but only when there is news to be written about. Nothing substantial enough here yet to warrant a piece. Hopefully that happens in the coming weeks but I try to stay objective with the program when it comes to writing pieces (not really as a fan, though, haha).

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    bumba, shoeevv and cornette33 like this.
  16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $993
    Just trying to keep the positive recruiting vibes moving!

17. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,444
    I'll let the coaching staff handle that :)

18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,006
    Les enseñaré

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
    I know nothing about it except through extended family. I will say this: my kids had a laugh when my mother-in-law tried to make their version of churros (I guess it has pudding or a sweet sauce in the middle) and they didn't quite turn out. My youngest to her we can just buy them from Sam's Club (which they sell over the counter where you can buy pizza slices).

Denverdawg likes this.
  20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    If he were to visit I would stay far away from food that we believe to be associated with his homeland. I don’t think the upside of it being good and thinking he’ll come here because we have a good Uruguayan restaurant outweighs the risk of coming across as presumptuous, ignorant, or even having a bad Uruguayan restaurant.

There’s no shortage of awesome places in Indy, show him some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops