Scooby Johnson Out For Season (Torn ACL)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,578
    Not exactly the best news I've brought to the board.

ButlerNut likes this.
  2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $18,696
    Starting a new thread. Brutal news. Depth was already a major concern this year. I was higher on Scooby than anyone. I think I predicted he would be a top 10 Dawg of all time by the time he was done. And I’m still high on him, but man, Butler needed him for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden, ButlerNut and cornette33 like this.
  3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,337
    JFC.

bmradio99 likes this.
  4. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,510
    Can this year just be over already...

bumba likes this.
  5. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,337
    Hate to be this guy, but this could be COVID related. Scooby always seemed to have the “Freshman fat” that guys lose when they get in the program, like Kelan. If he gained 10-15lbs during quarantine, it only made his chance for injury higher.

6. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,813
    Ruh Roh Shaggy...

With Scooby out and Hodges sitting out for a transfer year, do they even explore Wilmoth red shirt anymore or burn it for bench depth

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,942
    Couldn't possibly ask for a better year to do a medical red-shirt?

Obviously sucks for Scooby and wish him the best with the surgery and recovery.

8. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $541
    Without bad luck, the Dawgs would seemingly have no luck. The negatives; lack of depth will hurt this team if ANY of the season is played and Scooby in for pain/rehabilitation. Positive for Scooby, there is a high probability he won't miss what would be a typical full season.

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,420
    Would have been nice to get that waiver for Hodges (been saying that since he transferred)...the ncaa is handing out waivers like they are muffins at a soup kitchen. Every damn program out there is getting their waivers honored...not us. Makes you wonder if we even tried.

To answer a question above, I don't think you can red shirt Wilmoth. A basketball team needs bodies. This ain't a movie. This is the real deal and we compete in the big east. I hope he can be on the ready because he may see significant action.

I do think with this you insert Tate at the 2 and move Bolden to the 3 (small I know).

10. MisterFive

MisterFive Member

Money:
    $98
    This seems like a bit of a stretch to me...

bmradio99 likes this.
  11. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,420
    I really, really thought he was the most D-1 ready of the great 2020 class. I don't know if it was even close.

Pull some strings and get Hodges eligible so we don't win like 1 or 2 BE games.

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,942
    Hey Bo, I know we had developed the plan for you to sit out and work on all of these things for your personal development, but now we think you shouldn’t work on all those things and instead play this season.

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,451
    Yeah, I think the decision with Hodges is more about what him and Butler want and less about being able to get a waiver.

shoeevv, seadawg and NCJon like this.
  14. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,337
    Exactly. NCAA is handing out waivers like hotcakes.

15. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,269
    Will Tucker be eligible before or after the Cross Roads Classic? (Asking for a friend)

BU_NeonHat, NateDog, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  16. The Hound

The Hound Active Member

Money:
    $215
    To Scooby: take good care of yourself and do everything that will enable you to have a healthy career and a healthy life. To his family and friends: we share your disappointment in watching him this season, but look forward to his return when he is completely healthy. We are crazy about basketball here, but Butler basketball is not about what a player can give us, but who that player ultimately becomes as a person. Best wishes to Scooby.

FriarDawg, #60, tlp63 and 10 others like this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,502
    Very well stated.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,420
    So this team now has the following...AT, Nze, Golden, Bolden, Tate, Harris, Coles, David (on two bad wheels), Wilmoth (?) and JMM.

I don't think that spells much BE success if this season is played (it will be). Feel for AT and Nze as their last year will be a pretty rough one. Was always going to be a tough go, but...this news makes it much tougher.

19. thunderdunks

thunderdunks Member

This is most unfortunate news. This team will struggle to score 60 PPG. Vall running off Tucker wasn't the brightest idea nor was refusing to explore a waiver for Hodges.

20. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,578
    ChiDawg3, cornette33 and seadawg like this.