Scooby Johnson Out For Season (Torn ACL)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $751
    Are you serious right now? Okay let’s throw out the G word for a minute. This is a VERY strong case against Scooby. The dude ****ed up.

First off he admitted that he knew the victim was intoxicated and it is presumed he was not from the affidavit. His story also changed later when asked a 2nd time. He then (again admittedly) put his penis in or around her mouth and digitally penetrated her. That right there is sexual battery due to lack of consent from the intoxicated victim. It usually doesn’t result in charges or a G verdict because the victims generally aren’t willing to testify. We know this victim is. So there’s your charge.

M.T. claims he never saw or heard anything during the encounter. This makes sense and is actually supported by the victim who testified that she was too frightened and shocked to move or scream. Also Scooby states he called M.T. to be a “witness” in case someone accuses him of something. Why would he be thinking of that unless he is worried something is wrong? The fact that he says this demonstrates he was already trying to legally protecting himself after the incident. Also he calls his brother at 2am for a chat?? But let’s keep going.

Let’s focus on the evidence. Blood was found on several parts of his underwear (including the interior) that belonged to the victim. The victim had “significant bleeding” and internal tears— the location of these tears are very important because it would be very hard to do with digital penetration due to anatomy and supports the victims claim of rape. Also not to mention the 3.5 inch scratch on her inner thigh which would have been differentiated as fresh or old by the nurse.

If you don’t see the proof in that affidavit then you have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader. He basically already admitted to the battery charge in his testimony, he changed his story whereas the victim did not, he attempted to get a “witness” (his own words), her blood is on his underwear, and she has characteristic internal trauma with “significant bleeding” in the report. There’s your proof. Who knows if the jury will convict him but the evidence is damning.

Studies show that 1 in 4 college women are sexually assaulted. Only 25% of those who are assaulted report it to the police. And of those who report it to the police, only about 5.9% are false.

Regardless of evidence, statistics show us that the victim rarely falsely accuses someone of rape. It’s about time we start believing them and give them the benefit of the doubt instead of the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  2. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $751
    ARE WE ****ING SERIOUS?!?! And people wonder why so many women don’t report sexual assaults. JFC

3. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $110
    Turtle’s takes are really really bad….and likely speak to his character as a person. Reasonable Doubt is not “Beyond the realm of possibility doubt”.

knobcreekfan, dawgs2014 and NCJon like this.
  4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,401
    Knowing what he knows about what happened now, I would be racked with guilt because it happened while he was in the room. I don't know if he and JC were subsequently moved out of their suite, but the place where you lived at is literally a crime scene, and I'm just saying if I had to go back to that every day it would be a continued reminder of how I failed to stop something like that from going on (even if there was no noise to alert him to that), and what could I have done differently that would have changed the outcome, it would make me want to get away from all that and get a fresh start.

I'm not insinuating or saying anything about MT because I don't know him at all. I'm just saying if I were in his shoes, I would want to move on for the reason above.

ButlerProf likes this.
  5. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $110
    Also…. Just want to say this. Never talk to the police, guilty or innocent, talking to the police can only make things worse for you. Scooby has all but taken any defense he had away from his own lawyer going forward by giving statements to the police.

willisbrown, BulldogsFTW and NCJon like this.
  6. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656

7. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    Yeah dude. Women don't report assaults because as I clearly pointed out, the presence of her blood inside his underwear and her bleeding in general isn't ironclad evidence of a rape. There are a million plausible ways for her blood to end up there and yes it's totally feasible that his finger caused an injury to that part of the anatomy.

8. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    Last thing. Point to where I said I don't believe her statement? Weird because I actually said her recounting is more believable than his.

My God try reading what I actually said.
    Your grandstanding is pathetic as your attacking things I never effing said.

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    While it would be preferrable to put this in the rear view mirror ASAP, it's a stain not easily removed. Measuring the fallout will be difficult, but most assuredly there will be some. In fact some may have already occurred. This is certainly not the type of plublicity to be attached to. It reflects negativity to the program merely by association, although it's undeserved, but still realistic in some eyes. The whispers have already begun of a cover up or buyoff simply because of the timeframe.

10. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,516
    I haven’t posted in a long-ass time, but just wanna say…Woof, this thread.

11. PranavMyers

PranavMyers New Member

Money:
    $16
    Oof ACL tears heal so slow..... :(

12. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,318
    This will be my one and only post on this topic.

13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
  14. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $1,318
    OK, this is my last post on this topic.

Shimmy, dawgs2014, DawgsMD and 4 others like this.
  15. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $1,318
    Seriously, this will be my last post on this topic.

Shimmy, dawgs2014, DawgsMD and 3 others like this.
  16. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $1,318
    I mean it this time; this is my last post on this topic.

17. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $1,318
    No, really, this will be my last post on this topic.

Shimmy, DawgsMD and PSUButlerFan like this.
  18. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    You sure you don't have one last thought to share, @knobcreekfan ?

19. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    You’ve said no less than 4 times that you think he’s guilty. That puts you in the same boat as everyone else who’s posted in this thread. So I’m confused as to why you’re posturing and pretending to take the moral high ground when your opinion is the same as everyone else’s. This is a forum where we all come to post opinions from our different perspectives. Yours is the same, so pretending to be holier-than-thou is asinine.

20. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    Vast difference between saying that it's likely a person is guilty and saying a person is a vile rapist monster that the evidence at hand is 100% proof of guilt.

I love how the moral high ground is not publicly labeling a 19 year old as basically an inhuman monster before they get their time in court. Especially when their is plenty if grey area in the narrative.

Again, blow me and next time actually read what I wrote