Scooby Johnson Out For Season (Torn ACL)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656

That's it. This is officially ****ing Bananaland. Not only is the dude 100% guilty but word on the street is that Butler is implicit in some sort of coverup with the victim and they tried to pay her off to keep quiet.

U people are effing lunatics. Enjoy. I was worried that I was actually missing something but nope. Thank God. It's just demented people spewing out wild theories. No point in arguing with people who don't live in reality

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    Hahahahaha I see what you did there ;):Do_O

knobcreekfan likes this.
  3. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $110
    Turtle, there is no such thing as "without a doubt guilty". You have done more to impune your own character here today by your own responses and defenses of your own (clearly legally uninformed, and generally bad) posts, than by anything I pointed out as an observation. I am fairly certain I am not the only one here who has concerns about your character (maybe even mental health) after reading your reactions to any criticisms of your posts. Get help dude.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  4. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656
    Pretty sure a jury can't find someone guilty of rape if there is reasonable doubt of the defendants guilt.

And tell me exactly what I said you find some morally egregious? That publicly labeling a 19 year old as a disgusting rapist before they are given.their day in court is not the right thing to do? Well then you've got me I'm a depraved person with mental problems.

5. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,736
    Him changing his story doesn't make him guilty, but it does hurt his credibility.

If you come home from work and a flower pot is broken and your two children are standing there... one of them tells the same story to the grandparent, you, and eventually your spouse, and the other one, with a little dirt on their hand, tells a different story three times, which one are you going to believe is telling the truth? And upon closer inspection of the flower pot, there's at least a partial fingerprint of the child with dirt on their hands.

And juries like credibility. Noone ever knows what a jury is going to decide and it's possible if it gets taken to a jury trial he is found not guilty. That's for the court/jury to decide and we don't, and probably won't ever, know all the facts about what happened. A probable cause affidavit/police report isnt intended to provide every known detail about the case, but enough to show its more likely than not the offense(s) occurred. And a well known, respected judge signed off stating he found enough probable cause to issue an arrest warrant. I empathize for the victim because she is now reliving whatever happened in that dorm that night again, this time publicly. And her actions will now be looked at under a microscope as well. It'd be much easier and less stressful/humiliating to not push forward with legal proceedings.

I hope for peace/comfort/strength for the victim and that the truth, whatever it is, is discovered and quickly. While this behavior happens more frequently than what is realized, this one/allegation is very public and detrimental due to Scooby's status and athlete. Just a horrible nightmare all around.

6. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $110
    You literally just said "without a doubt" and now have switched back to "reasonable doubt" the two are not interchangeable. If testimony follows the evidence as presented in the PC, I believe it would be a longshot that there would be "reasonable doubt". There is no such thing as "without a doubt" there can always be doubt, but is it "reasonable"? The fact that Scooby repeatedly changed his story makes it very difficult to even put him on the stand to try and refute other testimony because he will be confronted with his prior inconsistent statement and will lose even more credibility with the jury. I get it, you have watched lots of SVU and you think you understand the law.... you don't. And your stringent defense of your own bad takes (including name calling) is what speaks to your character... again. Get help dude "depraved person with mental problems" (your own words).

schoops, dawgs2014 and NCJon like this.
  7. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    Oh, I read it, it just wasn’t well thought out or intelligent.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    Commentary on "The Last Word" has been sponsored by the Duke lacrosse team and Rigid Tools.

9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
    Cover up or buy off? That’s ridiculous and needs to be shouted down immediately.

10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    Just a question… and slightly OT: But there can be “without a doubt”, right?

Like we all know the school shooter in Parkland. Or in Columbine. Or at VaTech. Or in the Aurora Movie Theater. Or at Pulse Nightclub. Etc etc. In Columbine we have video of the guys walking around the school with guns.

How could there be doubt there?

Just a general Q about the law since I’m certainly not an expert, and it obviously does not apply to this case.

11. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $751
    Says the guy who theorized that maybe he fingered her, scratched his balls, and blood ended up on the inside of his underwear.

schoops, Shimmy, NCJon and 3 others like this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    Yeah not saying I'm above the fray when it comes to most things but this is something that is out of bounds. I'm sure there are and have been whispers of it but LaVall nor Butler (nor most places) would do something like that for the seriousness of this.

#60 and Cranjis McBasketball like this.
  13. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $751
    He admitted he knew she was intoxicated. He admitted he digitally penetrated her. This resulted in injury. That’s literally textbook sexual battery/assault by his own admission. What’s so hard to understand? What jury will acquit him of that?

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.c...se/sex-crimes/indiana-sexual-battery-laws.htm

Are you upset that people are saying he is guilty of rape when he is only guilty of sexual assault? Sure that can be up for debate but I think most come to the opinion that that’s a pretty **** moral rectitude on scooby’s part, regardless of the rape charge.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    schoops and knobcreekfan like this.
  14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,343
    That last line is a bit insensitive given the nature of the topic, don’t you think?

Cranjis McBasketball likes this.
  15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    You are aware that even if he were to be found innocent in court, it does not mean that he did not rape her, right?

We don’t need 100% certainty to form judgements. We have a set of facts. Those facts do not *prove* anything, but they lead us to a very obvious conclusion regarding what likely happened.

Withholding judgement to seek more information is generally an approach that is fairly productive. It does, however, become useless when you no longer have questions that you seek to answer with that new information.

In this instance, there are not really any questions or mitigating circumstances that complicate this; unless you actively seek to deny the reality, it’s not complicated to figure out what occurred with overwhelming probability.

schoops and DuckOnAModerator like this.
  16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,847
    You won’t say anything else!

knobcreekfan likes this.
  17. tlp63

tlp63 Active Member

Money:
    $218
    or any topic. Haven't we moved on with our lives and stopped using juvenile language? Apparently not all of us!

Daddysmack likes this.
  18. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    The legal standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt," which isn't beyond all doubt or beyond the shadow of a doubt or with absolute certainty. It means beyond a doubt that is, just as it says, reasonable. Or to put it another way, is this something a person of ordinary sensibility would see as creating doubt.

So are there times where the state can prove something definitively, such as in the cases you're pointing to? Sure. But that's not the legal standard. And the problem comes in when juries start expecting the case to be proven beyond all doubt. That's a higher standard than what the law requires and it is often impossible to achieve because there could be some outlandish theory - like the one we've seen posited here - to explain away damning evidence.

19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,847
    Is it *possible* those shooters were firing blanks and there was actually someone with the same gun behind them firing at the exact same time that no one saw because he was hidden? Yeah that’s *possible* but you’d have to be insane to believe that’s reasonable.

20. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,736