Scooby Johnson Out For Season (Torn ACL)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $110
    "Well, it is possible that we were all mind controlled into believing those doctored videos, and there is a conspiracy covering up that those were false flag operations perpetrated by lizard people." This is not a "reasonable" doubt, but there are unreasonable people out there that will hold such ridiculous doubts, even with the most clear and convincing evidence...

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    Fair point.

Thanks to you, NC, and dawgs2014 for the explanations. I had forgotten how crazy ppl can be.

DuckOnAModerator and NCJon like this.
  3. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656
    I apologize to anyone who felt I was being rude or that I was trivializing the victims account in any way. I am sickened by the accusations levied against the former Butler player and, as I stated numerous times, find her story a more plausible account then the accused.

I am admittedly overzealous about the concept of innocent until proven guilty and thus reacted harshly to those who state that his guilt is a proven fact.

The actual facts are that this is not an appropriate medium to have a discussion on this very serious subject. Things are ignored and mischaracterized. I am guilty of assuming intent and tone when it's not appropriate.

The sole point I intended to make was after reading the police report, i found that more scientific proof is needed in order to render a guilty verdict. This is just my opinion

In some bizarre twist I feel like I am being characterized as a defender of the accused and a believer in his narrative over the victim. Perhaps this is my fault and not solely the result of a couple of douchebags who don't actually read what I wrote.

Again I am sorry if my tone has derailed a topic which demands a higher standard of word use.

4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    You were doing so well with the mea culpa and then had to go throwing insults again.

For what it's worth, I never passed judgment on his guilt or innocence. I merely stated that the affidavit lays out a very strong case, in my opinion and experience, and that the evidence cited in it seems to corroborate her story.

Tentozen and butlerdude05 like this.
  5. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,623
    Just sad, disgusted, and generally upset.

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,280
    We’re not the ones throwing accusations though… we’re reacting to accusations and a probable cause affidavit. This seems more cut-and-dry than a he said/she said situation.

7. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $182
    Besides this whole thing being upsetting on many levels. I find the MT testimony in the affidavit to be troubling at the very least. Not assuming he's being untruthful, but his statement just seems unlikely to me.

DuckOnAModerator likes this.
  8. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    I’ve found it to be a head scratcher. I don’t think its worth reading into too much but I certainly find it odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DuckOnAModerator likes this.
  9. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $465
    I have nothing to say about this case specifically, for several reasons that I won't get into. However, as an experienced criminal defense attorney, I will just point out that probable cause affidavits exist to show there is enough evidence to proceed with prosecution, not to give the full picture of a case or provide exculpatory information. They are not typically admitted at trial because they contain things that may not be admissible.

10. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $273
    I'm gonna give M.T. benefit of doubt unless new evidence comes up. As Cranjis already pointed out earlier in thread him not hearing anything is consistent with victim's testimony of being too afraid to speak and keep in mind with Irvington House their rooms are set up with a solid wall divider between beds which would also explain why he would not have seen anything outside of victim's legs.

https://www.butler.edu/sites/default/files/irvingtonhousefloorplanswebrev_3.pdf
    https://www.butler.edu/sites/default/files/irvington_house_building_wide_floor_plans.pdf

willisbrown and NCJon like this.
  11. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,847
    I’m not doubting him. Im not supporting him either. I just find his statement odd.

schoops likes this.
  12. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $594

I believe I read somewhere MT was watching YouTube. Having two teenagers that wouldn’t notice a freight train rumbling through our living room if they have their AirPods in when watching YouTube, I too am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,847
    I think that’s totally reasonable.

14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,087
    I’ve sat back and read this thread the last couple days. I really have nothing to add other than this whole situation disgusts me. It makes me sick to my stomach. I don’t blame LaVall or the program but Butler basketball is supposed to be better than this. Hell, the world is supposed to better than this. Prayers to the victim and her family. I can’t imagine how the last 6 months have been for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    Apparently I struck a nerve with some members. The fact is, this was a national story. Privacy issues and a backed up legal system has made it extremely diffcult for BU to get in front of this. No one ever said anyone was to blame, least of all LJ. The perception of outsiders is another thing. We can choose to bury our heads in the sand an act as if this never happened, but something did in fact happen. Presumption of guilt or innocence is the responsibilty of the legal system. My concern is much related to damage control and negative PR. Simply visit some other BE message boards. Telling the truth is not out of bounds. Again my apologies if I ruffled some feathers, but I was only the the messenger.

16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
    What feathers were ruffled?

17. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,902
    This is just a horrible tragedy for everyone involved. Very, very sad.

Tentozen and dawgs2014 like this.
  18. Graves4

Graves4 Member

Money:
    $77
    Where online can I read the police report and the affidavit?

19. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    I think it's above in this thread.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. Graves4

Graves4 Member

Money:
    $77
    Thanks

TheDawgDub95 likes this.