Scooby Johnson Out For Season (Torn ACL)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Graves4

Graves4 Member

Money:
    $77
    Wow. I couldn't even read the entirety of that report. Disgusting, disturbing, sad, etc. The character of this program has surely changed over the years.

2. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $243
    So I haven't really had anything beneficial to add to this event, only that I've been trying to keep up with the story. Needless to say - it's sad, and it's heart breaking to be reminded that things like this happen on college campuses, not just Butler. It's not like everyone sees Butler as a school full of saints or anything, but when you supposedly build your team on a foundation of honor and ethics, it feels nice to root for that; but it also makes this sting a little more. It just goes to show that evaluating character traits can be very difficult, and there's no easy method that can determine quality individuals.
    I do hope and pray that the victim and her family are able to recover from this and find healing soon, that's the only thing that matters at this point.

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,343
    I am not sure this one, abhorrent, event dictates the character of the program. The school was swift (as possible given the circumstances) to eradicate the person responsible. The Dez Wells incident is something to weigh when making these types of decisions.

I am glad they were swift to at least preclude him while the process ran its course. It certainly bore the correct outcome for the person in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Snozzberry, Shimmy, bwesson15 and 8 others like this.
  4. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $243

Similar to pjohnsto's point, as far as PR perceptions go, this will look bad for Butler right now, but I don't believe it will tarnish what reputation they've had historically. In all the years I've watched Butler, I can't recall a SUCCESSFUL player they've had that I thought completely changed what it meant to be a "Butler guy." I still think the school generally goes about things the right way, even if they sometimes apply it loosely with some guys. Certainly there have been rumors of red flags in the last decade (Ari is more than happy to point that out,) but never to the point where you had to question being a fan.

tlp63 and seadawg like this.
  5. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656
    This is such a perfect example of the disingenuous nature of debate on this board.

You completely ignored how I gave an example that was purposefully crude to emphasize the countless ways blood could reasonably end up where it did. It is plausible that some mundane action took place instead of what he is being accused of. Of course that doesn't mean I belive that over the testimony of the victim.

My overall point was that there is some grey area in the case and caution those who say that his guilt is a absolute guarantee to wait. The stakes are too high IMO to condemn a 19yo as a convicted rapist and label him as a inhuman monster without his day in court. How any of that is controversial is mind-boggling

Now, it's clear that you think my example is something I endorse as a more likely scenario. There is literally no reason to use that example against me if you didn't think that.

As I stated 3726847464 times I believe the victims narrative over the accused. So that means that you are using that example against me either because you didn't read what I said, or you are a disingenuous POS.

There is literally no viable alternative.

6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    The alternative is that you either don’t understand what “reasonable” means, or you are a walking, talking crazy person.

7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,240
    Or he is a defense attorney.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,847
    If his theory is the best defense he could come up with, he may as well be the prosecutor.

9. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $390
    I’m pretty sure I understand what you’ve been trying to say from the get go. I’m not staking a position per se. I’m just sorry you’re getting so beat up here. Hint: maybe stop calling others POS and such? I dunno …

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

mwall787 and NCJon like this.
  10. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $156
    Just stop! Everyone, just stop! If we want to chat about how devastating this is for the victim, or how this changes the landscape of recruiting fine. But for goodness sake, we don't know ****! Bad things happened regardless.

Please, we are not the prosecuting or defending attorney, this is not a legal board, we can all admit that this is horrible regardless of the outcome. Lives are changed.....move on and stop attacking each other.

11. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,240
    You must be new here?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Dunhamfor3, Tentozen and dawgs2014 like this.
  12. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,902
    Hopefully, this forum will be removed from the board sometime soon.

2xDawg, Army Dawg!!!, Shimmy and 6 others like this.
  13. Daddysmack

Money:
    $156
    Agree!

14. Daddysmack

Money:
    $156
    Let's keep it going then!

15. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    I appreciate your response and to an extent you are right. Using disparaging words doesnt help the situation.

But at a certain point, when the same people don't actually read the entirety of my posts and opt for gaslighting, its hard to be cordial.

These same people call my character and mental stability into question. I should be the bigger man and ignore but it does piss me off sometimes.

This is a pubic forum and although the posters are protected by anonymity, the subjects of our conversations are not afforded that privlege. Thus I firmly believe that whatever we post here, we should feel comfortable saying openly in public. So when the mob wants to execute the accused before their day in court, I find it unfair, cowardly and an abuse of a position of prilivege.

Now its possible that this young man deserves the unrelenting tidal wave of vitrol that has been tossed out in this forum. I'd like to think that adults can wait until due process has concluded. Apparently not only am i in the minority with this belief but my advocacy for patience means i am defiecient in character and unstable mentally

16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,847
    Cogent!!

17. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    Sweet dude. Stop responding to my posts please. Thats cool and all that you have super novel retorts waiting and loaded to fire off immediately after you see that I write something.

But I fear you are situating yourself firmly into internet hardo territory. But if that is your goal, all power to you my guy.

Dunhamfor3 likes this.
  18. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    It is indeed a pubic forum.

ButlerProf likes this.
  19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,847
    I was commenting on how much better you articulated your point this time, but whatevs.

20. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,122
    Are we being spammed? Feel like there's been a couple accounts registered in the past days that are simply adding a message based on the title of the thread...feels like they could be bots. Maybe this is what Meg wanted to tell us, but feels pretty off-topic.