Scooby Johnson Out For Season (Torn ACL)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2020.

1. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656
    It is completely within the realm of possibility that a giant 6'6" man's fingers caused some sort of injury and that blood ended up on his clothing without him forcibly penetrating the victim.

Because you are clearly an expert in forensics, please explain how in fact his account is not possible

2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    Not a detective, but have dealt with these cases in a professional capacity.

His version is that they did not have sex, that he penetrated her digitally. The location of her blood on the inside front of his underwear directly supports her version that he penetrated her with his penis.

I mean I've never heard of someone using the inside front of their underwear to wipe their hands, but I guess you could go ahead and make the case for that counselor.

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,343
    That is atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Member

Money:
    $107
    It certainly looks horrible.

Even Scooby's comment to a BUPD officer after the fact looks awful.

5. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $390
    Butler police were on the scene the night/morning it allegedly occurred

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,122
    I mean maybe because at first he said that "maybe he just touched her butt"?

7. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    He could have scratched his balls and blood ended up on the inside of his boxers. There are actually countless ways blood ended up in that location.

This is just insane. I might suggest waiting for due process before firmly declaring guilt

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    The point is Johnson is done at BU regardless. This is also the type of thing that get some coaches fired. Not to say that will happen in this instance.

9. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,149
    Like what was mentioned previously, prosecution rarely brings a case like this that isn’t a lock. It’s rare that the woman involved would come forward and be willing to testify.

10. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    A 19 year old changing his story isn't proof of guilt.

11. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    This is a **** basis for someone to render due process a pointless exercise and to decree guilt as a foregone conclusion.

There are no winners here. But if in the unlikely event that he is found not guilty or even innocent, then there is a number of people on this board who are going to look really bad.

An adult would conclude that this all looks bad but would have the decency to wait for a courts decision before making a 100% certain conclusion on the matter

12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,122
    I'm confused, do you want to be on the jury or something?

13. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    This is my last post on this matter as the whole thing is disgusting. But I want to be clear because there are many of this board that draw incorrect conclusions and make assumptions.

Do I think Scooby is likely guilty of rape? Yes. The victims claims appear to me In my opinion to be a more feasible depiction of what took place.

If no more evidence is produced then what has been stated in the police report, is a not guilty verdict possible and reasonable doubt of his guilt a fair conclusion. Absolutely

Any defense attorney could point to a 1000 plausible explanations for blood ending up inside his boxers. And in our justice system, we must allow for plausible alternatives to be considered when the stakes are so high.

I hope that clear, undeniable proof comes to light so that the truth comes forth. Until then, I will avoid condemning a 19 year old to the labels of a vicious rapist monster as so many have eagerly stated

HoosierDawg likes this.
  14. I like turtles

Money:
    $656
    Yeah thats it. I want to be on the jury cuz I've clearly said he is innocent and that yall are just haters. Awesome response. So clever.

pappyball likes this.
  15. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $156
    Is this a trial board? We are not on the jury, and you aren't either. Charges have been filed....this is not a jump to judgement the the PD, it happened on Feb. 4th. BU did the right thing....he is no longer on this team, if he is found guilty he should go to jail. Until then, take this somewhere else, like a board about guilt or innocence.

Shut down this thread! He is no longer with the team and multiple lives have changed regardless of the outcome of a trial. This is a BU board and he is not with the team for good cause.

Shut it down.

16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
    Coaches get fired because a player is charged with rape? I’d think there would have to be a lot more involvement on the coach’s part (like a coverup) before a coach would be in jeopardy.

Hinkle and PSUButlerFan like this.
  17. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Member

Money:
    $107
    It's not a good look for Butler's basketball program certainly. Jordan and his coaching staff brought Johnson to campus. However, unless this becomes a new normal, I don't think it's a fireable offense.

Regardless of whether Johnson has been proven guilty YET, Butler felt strong enough about the allegations to move on from him entirely. I think that says a lot. It looks pretty bad right now.

18. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,222
    My take is glad butler did what they did.

Glad Scooby is not on the team anymore.

Glad this can be behind US.

Glad we have the players we have on our team.

I have a young daughter and honesty am terrified because stuff like this happens all over college and it is bull ****.

Truth be told if my next is a son your damn sure I will teach him about how being a man and a good person means showing woman the up most respect

It has nothing to do with how tuff you are or how you never cry or many girls you have hung out with.

It has to do with how you have feelings, are a good listener, understand fully what women have been through in this world there whole lives, being supportive, and how you damn well better cry when something is sad

Sry this just touches deep for me and this subject is something that I can’t stand in This country/world.

All I am going to say about the matter cause what I am all about is the butler players we have and have had that demonstrate this.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,240
    Kind of late for that now, isn’t it? I mean, other non-BU threads have gone months and months being basically run by the asylum and yet crickets from the mods.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    You’re a really good human.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

znelson15, ButlerProf, NCJon and 4 others like this.