Scotty’s Dawghouse Closes

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by nindiana, Jul 20, 2019.

1. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,940
    CT Peppers. I knew it.

Alcohol101 likes this.
  2. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,419
    Yeah - Daniel’s done a nice job with his restaurants. Really happy for him and one of his business partners is an alum. I think it would work well there.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $500
    Only a rumor. So can’t confirm. Maybe someone else can?

4. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,798
    President Danko told me it was a going to be a locally based restaurant chain, but did not go into any other details.

5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,304
    Hopefully Sahms, they know how to run a restaurant.

CarlosDanger and pjohnsto2003 like this.
  6. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,599
    Sahm's is ass. Might as well put an MCL Cafeteria there.

butlerguy03 and SpartanDawgs like this.
  7. The Hound

The Hound New Member

Money:
    $56

8. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,599
    Their menu looks like an Applebee's. They serve midwestern comfort food and 80% of their clientele go to bed before 7 pm. There's nothing special or notable about it in any way. Sahm's is another chain in a sea of chain restaurants.

Tentozen and SpartanDawgs like this.
  9. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $500
    Ale Emporium, District Tap, or Chatham Tap would all be homeruns... Lock one of them up LaVall!

SpartanDawg68 and BoyGeoff like this.
  10. The Hound

The Hound New Member

Money:
    $56

Okay, so you are not aware that the Sahms group also includes Big Lug Canteen, Liter House and Half Liter, and Rockstone Pizza. Some of the best and most diverse food around. And no, I am not related or work there. Just know what you are talking about before you trash a local entrepreneur.

11. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $500
    Sahms is average. Sahms is overpriced. ^ including the group of restaurants that are associated with Sahms above. Also the demographic of the clientele mentioned above is correct as well.

fdr likes this.
  12. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,599
    I wasn't trashing a local entrepreneur and every brand under their ownership group; only Sahm's. I've never even been to Big Lug. I had Rockstone Pizza once and it wasn't anything special. I've eaten at Half Liter a few times but German food isn't really my thing so I doubt I'll try Liter House. I do like Half Liter, but more for the atmosphere and location right off the monon since I can ride my bike there. If I'm being honest, the barbecue isn't particularly great, but that's true for most every place in Indianapolis.

None of those places offer "some of the best and most diverse food around." Aside from the Liter House fare, there's nothing diverse about pizza, barbecue, wings, and burgers.

And I know what I'm talking about. Trying new foods and dining out are some of my favorite hobbies. There's plenty of great food in Indy, but those places aren't it.

Tentozen and SpartanDawgs like this.
  13. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $154
    Given the location and proximate demographic I can’t see the Scotty’s space being anything but a sports bar clone with the same sorts of food and a focus on beers. Pre game stuff has to be easy and fast preparation. If you want to do something novel then do riffs on fair food, especially desserts.

For the metro space, how about weekly/monthly pop ups that draw upon the international restaurants in the community. Eg have Ethiopian food for one period (let’s say two weeks), then bring in something Asian, and so on. Sprinkle in some of the local favorites (eg Patachou) and you can maybe have an experience to bring in customers throughout the year.

As to other possibilities: how about a Ramen restaurant?

14. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $500
    Cafe Patachou would be great but there is one already semi close to campus so I don't know if they would do that. Right now a CVS, Chipotle, & A District Tap (bar) spot would be the best options for those 3 spots imo. Or flip out Chipotle for Butler to self own and have business students run a business there or for anything else students can rent/or use the space for.

15. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $209
    What about a strip club? You could name it Dawg Heaven or Dawg Treats. I would suggest recruiting some of those old broads from the Red Garter to class up the joint. Some of the geeks on the board who are up on player recruiting could use their models to determine which babes to recruit and classify them as one through five star recruits.

chas1116, BU_NeonHat and BulldogsFTW like this.
  16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,409
    There's only 1 Chipotle anywhere between downtown and 86th (broad ripple), and you've got 5000 18-24 year olds within a mile of the parking garage. I would think a Chipotle would make a ton of sense.

ThePioneerLeague likes this.
  17. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,161
    Sahm's is so legit, people dislike it? Some of the best pizza and wings in the city.

District Tap is very blah.

18. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $261
    Q'doba is better than Chipotle

19. The Hound

The Hound New Member

Money:
    $56
    Whoever comes in will have to have several other established operations going. Employees will need to be brought in for game night crowds, then they scale back for the normal slower nights and summer downturn. It’s a tricky situation but not undoable with the right company.

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,409
    As someone who loves both, I passionately disagree. But Qdoba would probably be great there too, and the potential for late night hours and hangover-friendly breakfast food may make it an even better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app