Sean McDermott - 2015 Shooting Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,601
    And a top-notch human being as well. Butler basketball players leave and get jobs and are successful. They don't get in trouble, they act the right way, and they sure as hell don't rip water fountains out of the wall.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. harvesting

harvesting Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $285
    Just looking at the BE leader board and Sean is leading the conference in defensive rebounds! Go Dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,601
    Just gonna leave this right here.

All you armchair coaches and keyboard warriors may wanna read this a few times...then just log off and find another hobby. These are 20-21 year old kids providing you with entertainment.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

FRENCH DAWG, WAJC77, Albick and 10 others like this.
  4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,661
  5. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $149
    Whatever. The whole Spartan team does this from the start of the season... (So does a lot of other teams and KAMAR) I don't know why they all didn't do this from the start. If I got murdered on the court like Sean did on Saturday, I'd log off for awhile too.

willisbrown likes this.
  6. harvesting

Money:
    $285
    “Stay away from assholes.” Because clearly it’s WAY too much to ask for people to be decent humans. It’s really sad. “Got murdered on the court”. I guess that’s what you get when your the only defense there so you step up to try and do something. The truth is the crap these kids have to see, and hear even when they are “on top” is mind blowing. And it’s not just the ignorant stuff people post for the world to see like their opinion is worthy but the stuff they private message would nauseate you. Sure they have to learn to let it roll off but if we are honest, none of us so easily let criticism roll off. And if you think for one minute they don’t know the mistakes they’ve made you’re crazy. They eat, live and breath it. They FEEL it, every bit of it. Should we continue to kick them while they are down or get them right back on their feet so they can rise above it?
    They are the same team they were before they played the last two games. There’s a lot of talent there, they can do BIG things. Let’s be true “fans” RAISE THEM UP, BELIEVE IN THEM and then watch them SOAR.

godogs91, Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,727
    Social media can be a brutal place and I’m pleased to see Sean is choosing to make a choice that brings him more peace of mind. Very mature mindset. Unthinkable that he gets negative PM’s—I hadn’t considered that. I’m only on twitter and hadn’t seen anything from people that he follows, so this makes sense. But maybe other platforms haven't been as kind. Harvesting—let Sean know he has a legion of believers rooting him on that far outnumber the negative types.

8. harvesting

Money:
    $285
    Thank you for your kind words and support I will share it with him. I often send him the encouragement from here. Never the knee jerk negative, no one needs that. But I am a firm
    believer that compliments and positives should be shared. Sometimes people need to hear the hard stuff, I understand that too but it needs to come from the right source so good can come from it. Go Dawgs!

9. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,191
    Saw he was cutting it until the season was over and wondered what happened. Pretty sad that people do crap like that. I’m in the BigSean is a great player camp and that they can suck it! You be the best you and if that isn’t enough for people, screw’em!

10. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,415
    Sean is another fine example of what The Butler Way means. He embodies it the same way guys like Matt Howard, Ron Nored, Andrew Smith, and so many others have and do. I never see Sean take a play off. He’s always looking for a rebound going after loose balls. Would I like to see more production? Sure. But you can’t deny the guy works his ass off out there.

WestLoopDog, Shimmy, NCJon and 2 others like this.
  11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,116
    It would be difficult to convince me that McD has not developed his overall game more than any other Butler player. Even with so many skeptics doubting him, he has consistency about his game 2nd to none. I think we would need to go back to Dr. Drew to find a player who has came further, which is a credit to the staff but also to the work he has put in over the last 5 years. He will rank up there with my all-time favorites.

godogs91 and znelson15 like this.
  12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,641
  13. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,601
    bobbu64, BoyGeoff and estar20dawg like this.