Sean McDermott - 2015 Shooting Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Well-Known Member

Money:
    $411
    Sean signed a two way deal with the Grizzlies. Huge congratulations to him and good luck in the league!

troggy, NCJon, #60 and 12 others like this.
  2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    Couldn’t be happier that I seem to be wrong about my nba outlook on him-hope he can stick. 2 guys in 3 years would be really nice.

Also were Kelan and Sean signed by Miller or was Kelan for Holt?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,125
    Both were BM originally. Congrats Sean!

ButlerProf likes this.
  4. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Well-Known Member

Money:
    $411
    If I had to guess the emergence of Duncan Robinson is why McDermott not only signed but was one of the first undrafted guys to do so. The forward thinking NBA teams have learned how to use guys like McDermott. Hopefully he will find the same success! Grizzlies had an incredible night.

SnoopDawg, cornette33 and UDDawg like this.
  5. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,303
    Happy for Sean. Would love to see somebody do the same with Kamar and Tuck.

cornette33 likes this.
  6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    Huge deal for Sean, and am more than happy to say I was not expecting it at all. But now that it's happened, I can definitely see him sticking in the league. He was already getting stronger each year, but get him in an NBA strength program and we could really see a big transformation.

cornette33 and seadawg like this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,081
    Incredible news for Sean. I'm sure he will do everything humanly possible to make the most of the opportunity!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,477
  9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,617
    Congrats Sean!

Not to make this about Kamar, but I'm surprised he went to Europe so fast and didn't explore something similar to this. I know the NBA is all about threes and McD foots the bill, but I'm surprised to see KB not getting a shot at something similar.

ButlerProf and jeff like this.
  10. Shimmy

Shimmy Active Member

Money:
    $218
    Incredible news. Now to make those minutes count like Kelan's been pretty solid at. Can't wait to continue cheering on his career. FB_IMG_1605825126248.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac and cornette33 like this.
  11. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    Did I see something about NBA teams being able to carry 15 players, this season? That could be a plus for someone like McDermott.

12. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $556

It sure will be. Here is the answer according to the NBA:

During the regular season and playoffs, an NBA roster is set at 15 players. Over the offseason it can be up to 20 players, but must get down to 15 before the start of the season. Teams will generally carry a few extra players over the offseason and early into preseason.

Here is the Grizzlies Roster:

https://www.lineups.com/nba/roster/memphis-grizzlies

13. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $474
    ChiDawg3 and WestLoopDog like this.
  14. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    Anyone know if McDermott has actually dressed for any of the Grizzlies games, so far?

15. Southside Dawg

Southside Dawg Member

Money:
    $147
    Looks like he is dressing but has a DNP-coaches decision in every game so far

16. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    Yeah, I could see he didn't play but wasn't sure if he was in uniform. Thanks.

17. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $492
    I believe he has dressed for all the games as he is one of twelve players listed in box score on ESPN. Unfortunately for him and one other guy it shows DNP-didn’t play but since active roster is 13 I am assuming he is dressing which if rules apply same as last year on 2 way contracts he gets 1/82 of league minimum on about $10k for games he is on Active NBA roster (capped at 50-55 games this year for 2 way contracts). So Sean I believe is at $30k already so if he can dress for 30+ games he should make $300k.

Never wish anyone gets injured but currently it looks like his floor time as well as Kelan’s will be limited to blowout lopsided games. Kelan has only seen 2 minutes of action as Pacers or going with 9 man rotation unless it’s a blowout.

Memphis has been going with a 10 man rotation.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  18. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,617
    If Sean isn't a testament to this program's ability to develop players then I don't know what is. Every recruit should see this former 3-star ranked #287 nationally turned NBA player as motivation to work hard and come to Butler.

19. harvesting

harvesting Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $296
  20. harvesting

harvesting Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $296