Seton Hall (13-9, 10-6) at Butler (7-13, 6-11), Wednesday, 2/24, 7:00 PM EST (CBSSN)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 21, 2021.

1. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,903
    I do like Nze but I like the potential of coles and wilmoth more

Plus the freshman seem to connect with each other so much

I think an underlying problem with the team is the freshman came on together stoked to play together and take over the program, so when the finally all play together they are in their element

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,903
    Let me say also

Nze has been very improved this year to last with what he can do. I have been impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,905
    I’d like Nze back. AT can’t shoot and can’t stay healthy. He has been a great player but I think you called it a while ago... we need a PG that other teams have to guard...

4. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,905
    She was also better than Lappas, Gillen, Gottlieb, Duke Vitale, the people on BTN, etc.

The best is Bill Walton, however. At least if you want to listen to anything other than the game going on.

shoeevv, godogs91 and NCJon like this.
  5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,203
    I think Thompson has plenty of value, but I think we’re making a mistake by playing Thompson at 1 and Tate at 2 when they play together for this exact reason.

I’d love to see Thompson back but we should play the best players and best lineups, whether that includes AT or not is TBD but his leadership is invaluable.

I do think Nze is the most important guy to bring back though.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BoyGeoff and PSUButlerFan like this.
  6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    What was Lavall so hot about with Wilmoth at the end of the game?

Sorry if it's been discussed. I just finished game. Since I got off work late.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    Part of Seton Hall poor performance was the D. Butler deserves some of the credit.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

troggy, 2xDawg, jeff and 1 other person like this.
  8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    I wondered the same thing. Went back and watched it to make sure I saw it right. But he was hot about something.

ButlerNut likes this.
  9. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,083
    I think Hummel does a good job on BTN, actually really liked his games he was paired with Gaudin. Other than that though, yeah she was better than a lot of more notable folks, and deserves better than the PBP guy she was paired with.

Walton has his audience, but I'm not a huge fan simply because he talks about anything except the game. Earlier this year I did find it funny when his partner made a Bill Walton bingo card and anytime he spoke about certain off topic subjects he'd mark it off. 10 minutes into the 1st half he tells Walton what he's done, holds up his card, and 2/3 to 3/4 of the topics he wrote down Walton had already discussed, so I assume he talks about a lot of the same stuff each broadcast.

troggy and dawgs2014 like this.
  10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,602
    Which they wouldn’t have needed to do if the Miami game hadn't been a last minute scratch after pictures surfaced of two Carolina players partying while breaking Covid protocols less than 48 hours before tip. SMDH.

11. chc3

chc3 Active Member

Money:
    $254
    It looked as though Wilmoth was told not to press but to get back on defense.
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  12. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,478
    I wouldn't go that far, and anyone who believes Walton is the best, has very suspect judgement. ;)

13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,081
    I get the feeling that, if we can get some players that space the floor and demand significant attention, Nze would be able to operate pretty well against someone one on one. That and don't forget he is shooting ~40% from 3. Once he recovered physically from COVID, he's been borderline pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen, 2xDawg and znelson15 like this.
  14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    You take Nze on next year's team 10 times out of 10. It's a no-brainer.

troggy, Tentozen, godogs91 and 5 others like this.
  15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,203
    Yeah last year he shot 67% and I think he’s certainly a more dynamic player this year. I think he’s probably our only player who would start for most teams in the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,081
    He probably still won't be Mr. Fastbreak, though...

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,526
    Does this mean LJ has not lost the team?

WDLTH and jeff like this.
  18. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $816
    1. It would be pretty rose colored glasses to think that we won the game more than Seton Hall lost it. The last two games X and SH shot 8-43 on threes. I seem to remember a lot of them being open looks. That being said we really needed a win and given all the team has been through, seven BE wins looks pretty good.
    2. I think Coach changed the defense every time SH called time out because they were setting up a play to get a good look. That is why we switched from the zone after we got up 12, I think. Smart.
    3. One reason we shot well on our free throws we had the right guys shooting them ( although NZE hit 4). I suppose you could not expect the national people to actually know that.
    4. Bolden is dangerous when he can catch and shoot, and plays with at least three other real scorers. He is not someone that shoots as well off the dribble, at least from three. That is just who he is. If he was in a situation where he had squared up looks, he has showed what he can do. Our offense have not given him many this season.
    5. Congratulations to the team.

19. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    I wasn’t able to see the first half (celebrating my wife’s big raise), but definitely got to see the team take Mamu out of his comfort zone and Harris start to look like the next big thing in the 2nd half. Also, that tap out to Bolden was Grade-A Butler basketball. I’m hoping they keep the momentum up and into the offseason!

Earlier this year you all killed me for suggesting that even if AT came back, he may not start. Now some of you are hoping he doesn’t. Interesting world. AT bogs down the O because he can’t shoot outside 2-feet. Love the guy, but you’re not winning many high-major games if the player with the ball can’t shoot.

The pbp guy is John Sadak, the Reds new TV pbp guy. He’s very highly regarded in the industry, but he does lower-tier college basketball in the winter since that’s not his strongest sport.

Tentozen and butlerdude05 like this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $15,905
    I looked him up and saw that re: the Reds. Isn’t that because their guy last year made a gay slur or did something else on the air that Willis will probably celebrate but the rest of the world knows is wrong?

dawgs2014 and 2xDawg like this.