Seton Hall (13-9, 10-6) at Butler (7-13, 6-11), Wednesday, 2/24, 7:00 PM EST (CBSSN)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    They all seemed to be having more fun and excited last night, even when they were behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

joliebeth23 and BoyGeoff like this.
  2. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $744
    I think it was a teaching moment. I read in the paper where Izzo yelled at Aaron Henry when he was a freshman and Henry's dad had no issues with it. And we all know how often Bobby Knight yelled at his players.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  3. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $701
    I’m all for LJ going after some of his players. In fact I feel like we need more of it when they actually make boneheaded plays. He needs to yank people sometimes, show some fire, and put them back in.

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,968
    ButlerNut likes this.
  6. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $703
    Only two years back. Outside of that it’s been since Brandon Miller I think.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    Current thinking is AT is back and Nze is not. Sunday will be somewhat telling. In any case, we need to finish out with some momentum and energy that reels in all the freshmen and not contemplating the transfer portal.

joliebeth23 and willisbrown like this.
  8. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,478
    bwesson15, jeff, Tentozen and 4 others like this.
  9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    Damn, would have really wanted Nze back. The post Jay Shunnar put up had me excited.

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    I could see Nze maybe sticking after he thinks more about it wanting one more run at a tournament in a regular year. Knowing they were in with a very good seed last year.

That's just thinking in my own head about having the bitter taste of the tournament being stolen from them last year. But...we shall see. I'd welcome either back obviously but I'd rather (personally) out of any of them Nze back (if I had to chose one).

11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    About 200 times! LOL

12. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,119
    The Seton Hall board’s game thread from last night had several references about how they couldn’t afford to lose this game.

estar20dawg likes this.
  13. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,119
    I was at Hinkle last night for the first time this year. Man, did it feel good to be there. Was so nice to see the team’s hustle, effort, & inspired play get rewarded with a win. To think, I almost went to the Marquette game instead of Seton Hall. So glad I waited & went last night.

14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,133
    Live it looked like fouls on what were called travels, but haven’t watched the broadcast. Hinkle was booing loudly and I noticed the ref official watching the replay so hopefully it got his attention too.

I said the same thing at the time—that’s worth getting T’d up over—until I realized it could backfire big time.

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,905
    Yeah at almost any other point I’m fine with Lavall getting a T. He was right. But that was literally the only thing that could give Hall a chance - two FTs and a 3 pointer at 45 seconds would have made it a 4-5 pt game and suddenly we’re all sweating.

16. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    Assuming he's open form three, which isn't necessarily going to happen on a given possession. Penetrating into the lane, etc. also opens up other possibilities that don't exist, if you're just standing around the three point line. I actually like seeing him get good shots in the 10-15 foot range. Sometimes, analytics are overdone.

There was a play he made a couple of games back where he was open from the corner but was able to drive the baseline and wound up with a lay-up and maybe even got fouled, I don't remember. I do remember thinking most guys today would have just chucked the three from the corner, instead of driving. I thought he made a great play, especially for a freshman.

17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,798
    He did make it and get an and 1 but missed the free throw

troggy likes this.
  18. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    Thanks, I'll cut him a break, since he's probably the best free throw shooter on the team.

19. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    Harris has either made or assisted on 45 percent of field goals Butler has made in the last 3 games. I want someone like that in the starting lineup playing a lot of minutes.

bwesson15, Shimmy, ChiDawg3 and 2 others like this.
  20. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $18,695
    I know I'm a couple of days late, but no, you aren't the only one. I watched Harris a decent amount in both high school and summer games. He couldn't shoot at all. He was heralded for his defense but I honestly didn't (and still don't) see it. The only thing I really liked about him was his pick and roll game, and we haven't seen that at all. There are no indications that the player we have seen this year and the one I watched the year before are even the same person. I don't think I've ever seen such drastic changes from a player. Not just improvements even, but complete changes.