Seton Hall Pirates (9-6, 6-3) at Butler Bulldogs (5-7, 4-5), Friday, 1/22, 9:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 20, 2021.

1. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    This is really out of control to me

It more of my butler passion over logical as well as here in Montana. We just lifted all bars to be open tell 2 am again and things are trending good

But it’s also Montana in the middle of January and we have no tourist and no one likes to go out to much besides skiing, ahmen for that.

Really just upset this is happening again is all but it get it

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,065
    When I’m a millionaire and can afford a 5M mansion in Big Sky, Imma spend every winter in Montana. Damn I loved skiing there.

RampRunner likes this.
  3. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $424
    Man, that seems a little ridiculous. So the kids/coaches who have already had it can’t even PRACTICE?!?

Overkill, if so. Are those Butler guidelines or Big East/NCAA guidelines?

4. Shark

Shark Member

Money:
    $135
    I assume you must be a pretty large donor. You know that's where the non FS1-non ticket revenue comes from for the program, right? You want the team to have a bigger budget, step up and help that happen.

**I realize that I DON'T know you. You may in fact be a large donor. If you are, carry on with your criticisms. If not......

5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,295
    I......actually...agree??? Holy **** I’m gonna go take my temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,847
    That’s my understanding in regards to practice, etc. Assuming it’s BE protocol if not also NCAA. It doesn’t make sense to me either. Perhaps dawgsMD or other can weigh in?

7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,834
    Honestly, wtf are you talking about? Is this really your view? It can't be.

8. CMG

CMG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $232
    false +

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,145
    The outlook in Indiana is improving ever so slightly. The current rate of positive tests is down to 10.8. Aside from the sports world the worst may be over locally.

10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,736
    Sometimes I get the impression that folks on here would like to see someone, anyone fired because it would feel good to see something change, regardless if it's for the worse or better.

11. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,195
    I’m not sure if you are serious/joking but false + do happen and will happen when testing frequently. I assume though that before making an announcement there was a follow up test to confirm, especially if an isolated case.

Not sure the numbers on the outbreak earlier, but even if 75% of team got it, there still would be coaches and some players who were susceptible, even if the earlier outbreak both lessens the chance that the susceptible players would get it from teammates. However, the fact that a potentially high number got it earlier will just mean that it likely doesn’t spread through the team so hopefully the physical toll is will not be as sever (eg the Bryces). But if a single positive case shuts down the program, then this can continue to happen unfortunately.

12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,834
    Actually I think this exact scenario happened in the past few days with Stanford's program. Positive Test, Game Cancelled, then today news of false positive and they're back to work.

Not saying it's what happened to Butler...but I guess it COULD happen.

13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,572
    Another thing that sucks about this is our game probably being postponed against UCONN. Bouknight, who we were fortunate enough to not have to play against the first time, could be back in a few weeks from elbow surgery. He's actually trending as a top-10 pick in the 2021 NBA draft. As much as I like to play a team at full strength, it would be near impossible to beat UCONN on the road if they have Bouknight. Granted we haven't been at full strength all year, dodging Bouknight twice and Zegarowski once would be quite a blessing.

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $888
    [​IMG]

NCJon, Ignatius J. Reilly and 2xDawg like this.
  15. MarcusNellemsfor3

MarcusNellemsfor3 New Member

Money:
    $22
  16. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,526
    Same happened to Colts this year prior to the Cincinnati game. Just crazy.

17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,295
    If it’s nothing more than that we have already solved the mystery so why look into it?

I would not have thought twice about Butler in my life If they had not been good at basketball. Despite not living in Indy since 2015, I continue to buy season tickets and donate enough of my own money to get fifth row center court season tickets, even if just for a few games a year. Assuming that I don’t have high expectations for the program just because you do is....asinine?

The difference we seem to have, however, is that despite my fandom and investment from both a financial and emotional standpoint, I am able to still separate my desire for them to get luckier breaks from the presumption that someone is at fault for them not getting said breaks.

I’m not saying that we have the best training staff, medical staff, and strength staff in the country; I really don’t know. I’m can’t say whether or not they are or are not actually at fault.

If you were standing on the edge of diving board over a pool of water, you don’t need to investigate why you get wet when you take a step forwards-the outcome is predictable.

The predictable outcome above Is no different from any of the injuries we have seen. We have players land awkwardly, lose footing, and see their legs bend in ways they aren’t supposed to. Like getting wet from walking off of a diving board, it is predictable that if your leg bends the wrong way, especially with any sort of significant force, that there will be an injury.

Every event has an occurrence that would constitute proximate cause for its corresponding injury.

Simply put, regardless of actual fault of the medical staff, we have not data or evidence that supports anything has happened except exactly what is *supposed* to happen when the players find themselves in the situations in which their injuries occurred.

18. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,303
    All this gaseous drival aside, this game against SH was going to be a deal maker/breaker - I believe the stars were aligned for another breakout for these young dawgs - and the opportunity has been taken away - totally bummed...

willisbrown and BoyGeoff like this.
  19. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,101
    Right about now we were supposed to be flooding this thread with kudos and drunken posts about the Dawgs kicking Seton Hall up and down the court and how impressive the freshmen looked and how Wilmoth blocked Mamu's layup with 0.2 seconds left resulting in a 1 point Butler victory!

troggy and BUcheer like this.
  20. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,422
    Talking about how much of the team has already been infected is meaningless because, as I'm sure everyone here knows, you can be infected again after you have already recovered from COVID-19.

ButlerProf likes this.