Simonas Lukosius - 2021 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2021.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,809
    Whether he is an immediate impact player or not, this should only be viewed as a positive development. Welcome aboard...

Tentozen likes this.
  2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,881
    Great coverage as always Lukas. No idea how he'll translate to the college game, but I was a huge Julian Betko fan back in the day, so this will be fun learning more about him.

#60, WAJC77 and cornette33 like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,038
    That's the boat I'm in as well. He is skilled no doubt. Transferring his game over to top level college ball will be a challenge (I'd guess) plus the personal side of it, getting acclimated to the country/culture/ over here. I'd caution those that peg him as a major contributor this season. But, after this first year if all goes well and he's happy here...he'll explode going forward IMO.

Tentozen and UDDawg like this.
  4. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
  5. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,652
    Is this, in effect, the scholarship vacated by Scoobie, or was this an open spot?

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    We have plenty available so take your pick in your head however you want it used as.

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,038
    This has been in the works for awhile, so, well before we knew about Scooby.

cornette33 likes this.
  8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    Yes, but the coaches knew long before now. I'm guessing that they knew they would have an extra schollie to use here. Not sure if Simonas can be true Wing, but if so, that would tremendously help our rotations after this season. I could see him playing 1-2, but can he be a 3? Can he defend the 3 in the Big East? Those are questions and things to look for IMO.

butlerbreadman likes this.
  9. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,560
    Hmmm….it is almost as if the staff does things we don’t know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Dunhamfor3, BulldogsFTW, #60 and 9 others like this.
  10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,797
    As Lucas noted in his article both Rotnei and Kelan played in the BBL. And Kamar will be this upcoming season. Guessing we have several contacts in the league and doesn't hurt to have Bulldogs overseas as well.

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    I don’t know anything about this German league he played in but I’m confident it’s 100x more difficult than what any of our other players played in in their last year before college. This is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

12. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,232
    This is how I look at it.

He will Have a lot to learn about the system of college basketball but I would agree he has played against a lot of good competition for a bit now and I would think he will be able to come in and compete instantly.

Really curious to see how this plays out.

Either way good day for the dawgs

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    We can definitely use some added depth at guard this year, just in case. Additionally, I think it's great that he probably doesn't *have* to be a huge contributor this year, but if he can force his way into some time, even better.

Maybe he can be to Butler what Sabonis was to Gonzaga, a gateway recruit? Just a happy thought, not a prediction.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,585
    If by "gateway recruit" you are referring to bringing in international players, that was Ronny Turiaf, not Sabonis.

Guys like Sabonis and Hachimura are the longterm payoff.

Definitely not putting that kind of pressure on Lukosius though. Just glad to have him on board and look forward to seeing what he brings.

15. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,646
    Who cares

16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,646
    Did Rolf, Julien, and Jackson not pave the way for Lukosius? :p

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon likes this.
  17. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,840
    Sounds like he might be eligible in time to play in the Crossroads Classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,776
    Nice get. I am on board. Hopefully Butler twitter will show some practice clips. Hopefully more than 17sec;)

znelson15 likes this.
  19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,045
    He certainly doesn't have to contribute right away to be a success at Butler, but I think people are making too big of a deal about getting acclimated to American basketball. As Lukas states in his article, the league he played in is full of grown men, many of which were stars of mid major or P6 teams. Not only did he play against them, he was pretty damn productive as an 18 year old. Personally, I'm more ecstatic about this than if we were to land a 30-60th ranked recruit.

iluvsnow, estar20dawg and 2xDawg like this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    I'm in the same boat as you. This to me is a really, really good get. He has been playing against professionals for years now in a very high level as people suggest it's somewhere between college and the NBA level. He's been going against MEN who have played high level college or others. The biggest adjustment for him will be the difference in physicality allowed or not allowed and getting comfortable with his teammates

Tentozen likes this.