Simonas Lukosius - 2021 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,567
    I think I mentioned this in my article but I'll do it again in case I didn't. Regardless of whether or not he significantly cracks a deep rotation this season, this addition is huge for the future. Butler is graduating at least six guys this offseason, and the staff wants to have as much returning talent as they can. With Lukosius being on-campus and practicing with his teammates this season, they will have another guy on the 2022-23 roster (and beyond) that has already spent a year in the program and learning the plays, developing chemistry, etc. It is tough to integrate a lot of new pieces in one offseason and while adding transfers is certainly a part of Butler's roster strategy at this point, having more guys with experience in the program is preferred. Being able to prioritize one or two good transfers over needing four or five in a given offseason is a big difference. I think Lukosius will really help with the transition from 2021-22 to 2022-23.

2. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,652
    I know next to nothing about this guy, but what I see is a bunch of skills that we seem to be short of in our current roster. I think it is a deep and talented roster, but it lacks some pieces that he seems to bring to the party. It seems likely to me that it will help us recruit in Europe more effectively if he becomes a standout player in the BigEast. Of course I felt that way about Jackson Aldridge also, and that never lead to any inroads in the Australian sports programs.

3. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $761

-Behind the back pass to the cutter under the hoop.
    -Inbound off the defender's back
    -CAN WE GET DRUMS IN THE CROWD AT HINKLE???

WELCOME TO BUTLER SIMONAS!!!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    iluvsnow likes this.
  4. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $770
    Not to get everyone going crazy, but Simonas has some decent comps to Franz Wagner's 2nd season in the Germany 1 league. Not saying we have Franz 2.0, but you can see the immediate transition from the GER-1 league to being a force at Michigan. This tells me the GER-1 league is not a beer league. If Simonas can fill out, he seems to be crafty and versatile. As Lucas has said, this is more for 2022-23, which looks promising.

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 2.03.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 2.01.22 PM.png

seadawg likes this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,644
    He averaged 2.9 Pts in 8.8 min with 25% from deep? Other than he likely took very few 3s…

Should I be worried about him?

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    Wagner played 30 minutes a game at UM. That's probably not happening in year 1 at BU. Maybe down the road.

2xDawg likes this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    I'm sure you are much more historically correct. However, given the fact that Sabonis is both, Lithuanian and in our back yard as a Pacer, I thought his name would play better for a "happy thought".

I think they call it suspended reality in the arts...

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon likes this.
  8. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,265
    Can someone explain how he played in the same league that Kelan did after graduation, do amateurs and professionals play in the same league? Or am I confused. Or maybe both.

9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    Europe does not have high school teams, they have club teams all the way up to the professional ranks. So you can absolutely keep your "amateur level" status and play for professional teams. You can get promoted, you can get invited to a team, but unless you negotiated a salaried contract you still keep your status, and do get the professional perks of training, gear, etc European sports leagues are entirely different than here with AAU and school teams

DawgPoundMac, jeff, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,600
    I was wondering the same thing so this is extremely helpful. Thanks!

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,644
    Yeah, thanks. I follow European soccer decently closely, and it sounds like basketball operates similarly. I’m sure there are nuanced differences, but now that you have explained it, this makes sense.

12. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,265
    Thanks

13. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,011
    bumba, DawgPoundMac, #60 and 8 others like this.
  14. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    DawgPoundMac, znelson15 and BoyGeoff like this.

#60 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,474
  16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984