Southern Illinois Salukis (5-0) vs. Butler Bulldogs (1-2), Monday, 12/21, 7:30 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Dec 20, 2020.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,690
    Why did we need to play? We’ve now had more games than practices since the season started.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $657
    While I am certainly disappointed with the way the season has started, I am going to withhold judgment until Butler actually is able to get some practices and games in. While every other program has had to deal with COVID in one way or another, I'm not sure how many of the other programs went three weeks without a game or practice. Two practices makes it pretty hard for the players to develop any consistency. I would guess that Aaron Thompson and Chuck Harris had most of the reps at point guard in the practices they did have, so I would think that Myles Tate is pretty much learning it on the run.

2xDawg likes this.
  3. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $923
    You mean the excuses of having to entirely shut down the program for three weeks, having your starting point guard out with injury and playing four freshmen nearly 50% of the available minutes?

Obviously, last night was disappointing to a degree. They had a long stretch where they played poorly. But, given the circumstances, let's see where they are a few weeks from now.

This could be a long year but isn't that sort of what everyone was predicting to begin with?

By the way, Harris had 6 assists last night. That's encouraging right there.

2xDawg, Tentozen, BoyGeoff and 3 others like this.
  4. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,540
    The thing that had me the most shook from last night’s game was how old those highlights looked from when we played SIU in the bracket buster.

I was a student at that game - which doesn’t seem that long ago. But man, that video made me feel old.

2xDawg, Baute, BU_Moxy and 3 others like this.
  5. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $158
    Thanks, Bumba. I wholeheartedly agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg and bumba like this.
  6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    If you don't count the times they overperformed, then this team clearly underperforms.

2xDawg, troggy, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,690
    Lol we were ranked fifth in the country THIS CALENDAR YEAR!!

(That’s so weird to think about)

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,850
    Agree, I won't buy tickets to the PC game anymore because Cooley walks in looking like a pimp and walks out looking like a genius.

9. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $247
    AT will be done after this season unless something changes

10. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,933
    I have zero inside knowledge but would be surprised if any of this year’s seniors returned. At this point I’d be thrilled to have a season with all players staying healthy and eligible.

troggy likes this.
  11. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $862
    Can you expand on that thought?

2xDawg likes this.
  12. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $247
    I’m a senior this year and occasionally get some inside knowledge around the team, I should probably just leave it at that to avoid getting anyone in trouble haha

BoyGeoff likes this.
  13. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,405
    Welp, it's been a weird year.

Why can't he be both?

bumba and dawgs2014 like this.
  14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,618
    Actually Cooley was wearing the dad version of skinny jeans (not denim). He’s obviously slimmed down quite a bit—the pants splitting might have been an incentive.

bumba likes this.
  15. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,690
    This dude, unfortunately, has been right on almost everything he’s predicted.