Spain Trip

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by cornette33, Jun 18, 2017.

1. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $98
    I was just wondering if anyone knows if the players are excited about the trip?! Do you think any of that are concerned given the state of the world?

2. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,041
    They are 18-22 year old young men. Most of them think they are invincible. They are probably more worried about what Spanish girls are like.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. mwall787

mwall787 Active Member

Money:
    $225
    Given what happened last season, they are probably more nervous about the flight than anything else.

kmacker69 and cornette33 like this.
  4. Butler294

Butler294 New Member

Money:
    $20
    Does anyone have any details about the Spain trip? The cities and dates they play? Depending on the dates I am considering catching part of it but I can't find details anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

5. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,041
    I haven't heard much, but I've heard Smalligan is working over Marc Gasol in scrimmages with their national team.

bulldogs51 and BulldogsAllTheWay like this.
  6. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Active Member

Money:
    $217
    [​IMG]

Mark Shelvin likes this.
  7. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $98
    Anyone know the level of competition we will face in Spain? Will Butler be facing kids their age?

I really hope they film some highlights like they have been showing us and also some off the court stuff so fans can get to know the players.

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,332
    10 day trip in August is what Tom Davis wrote during the spring. You would think there would be a press release from Learfield in the next week or two if they are planning some kind of online digital package. I do remember watching some of the games online when we went to Australia, but don't remember the televising vendor.

9. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator

Money:
    $446
    I believe those were the web broadcast services provided by the NBL teams they played. For the game against the Australian National Team, there was no video or audio available.

10. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Member

Money:
    $4,015
  11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    Interestingly Jackson Davis( former Dawg) will be playing in the Goodwill Games in Spain the week following Butler's games.

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,969
    Take a cell phone...?

13. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $12,102
    I guess if anyone wants to fund my trip I'll bite the bullet and go and provide coverage ;)

14. m4795

m4795 New Member

Money:
    $19
    Do they understand they're going to a first world nation in Western Europe and not Myanmar?

15. butlernut

butlernut Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
    I will suck it up and be your copy editor or whatever else you need.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

joliebeth23 likes this.
  16. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Active Member

Money:
    $2,698
    Googling "cost of plane ticket to Madrid" now...

17. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM New Member

Money:
    $29
    I think for the Spain trip, and in general, the Butler team needs their own "running of the Bulldogs" that Geico just made.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  18. PDT1242

PDT1242 Member

Money:
    $34
    Question, how will this trip affect recruiting? I guess that the entire staff will go with the team, so is it during a blackout period or some other quiet period that won't affect recruiting much, because if not I would think that other schools would take advantage of the situation?

19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator

Money:
    $446
    It's during a quiet period, which means visits can still be set up during this time.

20. PDT1242

PDT1242 Member

Money:
    $34
    Irishdawg, 'go raibh maith agat'. My nickname while at BU was Irish.