St. John's Red Storm (13-7, 7-6) at Butler Bulldogs (6-10, 5-8), Tuesday, 2/9, 9:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 7, 2021.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,594
    Maybe right, thats more Providence throw it off the glass and shove. I guess I'm still irritated at how many screaming in the faces that went on and listening to them talking s*** in the first half and second half. The one good thing about not having fans or a lot of them and the microphones on the court you can hear the players. I give our kids credit very rarely do they do it. But it seemed like every other basket I had to hear some s**t directed at one of our kids, that ain't basketball that's thug to me. So not playing style just attitude I guess. I listen at what the players, refs, coaches are saying more than what the announcers are saying, I have it quiet in the house with it turned up to hear as much as I can. And to me, the trash talking from St John was easily top 2 this season, maybe number one, Xavier was pretty bad as well.

2. CMG

CMG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $256
    all of the above and more

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $936
    Duly noted. With 2 little ones, I couldn't hear what was going on if my life depended on it, either because the volume is way down when they're sleeping, or their volume is way up so it doesn't matter how loud the TV is.

I don't like crap talkers either, but that's on the officials to control it, and it's not like we're completely immune to it at Butler.

4. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,594
    Like I said, we rarely do it and it's usually in response to someone else doing it first, AT does it the most and it's usually cause he hears it the most.

5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,887
    Yeah, if you don't like getting trash talked, quit giving up dunks. Nobody got chippy last night. Can't imagine it was anything outside of the norm.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  6. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,594
    Oh 100% agree, I would have never stood for that. There would have been definite T's flying

bmradio99 likes this.
  7. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    This is my response to it too.

I don’t like it, but that’s like...the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 likes this.
  8. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $18,612
    I'm not picking us to win either one, but I think it's also crazy to completely write us off against a team we were within 5 of on the road after the final media timeout and a team we already beat this year. And both of those were before Hodges was available.

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,262
    Last time I checked dunks count for 2 points. The team doing the dunking and chirping lost last night.

ButlerProf likes this.
  10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,771
    Are you saying the trash talk wasn't out of the norm? The dude yelled and flexed after every single dunk he had. I don't care if they were all impressive, I've rarely seen a guy be that demonstrative on several plays in a row.

11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,806
    I'm not saying there should have been technical called, but given how college refs usually respond, I was shocked Moore didn't pick up a T. I remember Nze got one in Providence for basically doing the same thing.

estar20dawg likes this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,537
    He was being quite obnoxious out there for sure, and getting his dunks at will. Which is when I said we need to put him on the floor, and if we get a flagrant, so what. Well, Hodges put him on the floor in the second half and the dunking/woofing ended. That's the way you handle those bafoons.

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,262
    I much prefer to let play do the talking. Teams like BU often have to earn respect of opponents and officials. Play speaks much louder than woofing.

ButlerProf and 2xDawg like this.
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,968
    The “(auto loss)” comment was meant to apply to the at creighton game. But I agree that it isn’t *actually* an auto-loss game; it just feels like it at this point.

And I think we were down 9 or 11 at the under four at Nova. Regardless, again, I agree it’s not unwinnable.

15. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,633
    I think the Thompson injury was what signaled the under 8 and it WAS 5 or 6 at that point. We typically match up well with Nova, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,284
    Ever notice how certain posters only appear when the Dawgs lose so they can bring their negativity and BS to the forum?

17. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $18,612
    He got scared the next time he went up for a dunk/layup. Thought he was getting decked and didn't even try to finish his attempt. But Golden went straight up and got that phantom foul call.

18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,925
    Agreed. Haven’t watched the broadcast, but the woofing/flexing in person was quite noticeable. And yeah, if you don’t want that, then stop giving up the highlight dunks. But he’d been chirping all game in addition—not a good look on the road.

19. pairadocs

pairadocs New Member

Money:
    $18
    Anybody have a clip of the Hodges foul on Moore that people are talking about? I'm a sucker for a good hard foul on showboaters, but didn't get to catch yesterday's game until the very end. The conversation reminded of my personal favorite example of Hayward wrecking Randy Culpepper at the end of the 2010 tournament game against UTEP:

bmradio99 likes this.
  20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,806
    It's because they don't like LaVall, and they wrongly suppose that if we lose more games this season, then it'll hasten his departure. Winning games but not making the tournament is not the outcome they want. They want to lose more games so LaVall gets axed. That's why they never cheer on Ws and flood threads when there are Ls.

Coach is gonna be here for 3-4 more years anyway. Why be miserable when you can celebrate the wins instead? :)