St. John's Red Storm (13-7, 7-6) at Butler Bulldogs (6-10, 5-8), Tuesday, 2/9, 9:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 7, 2021.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    I don’t see any sort of financially realistic situation in which he’s not here as long as he wants to be. You can’t really have a lame duck college coach and not ruin your program, and I don’t think Butler can afford to fire him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg, Ignatius J. Reilly and Hinkle like this.
  2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,806
    I don't disagree. I'm just saying why a lot of posters go quiet after wins.

3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,508
    I've never understood or been impressed with trash talking. Either you have the goods and your actions speak louder than your words ever could or you don't have the goods and your trash talking makes you look childish, boorish, immature, and ridiculous.

4. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $208

Tentozen, BoyGeoff, 2xDawg and 2 others like this.
  5. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $672
    I agree with you completely. There seem to be at least two or three posters on this board that you never hear from after a Butler win, but you can be certain that they will put their two cents in after a loss or a couple of losses.

6. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,304
    I believe it's the same person.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    2xDawg, ButlerNut and dawgs2014 like this.
  7. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,582
    What a game, this team certainly has fight. It's safe to say that my only bet on Butler games for the rest of the year is to bet against us in the first half.

-If there are still any AT doubters out there, you should get your brain checked. He's one of the better players to ever put a Butler uniform on. Can you imagine the kind of numbers he would put up with a dominant post lob threat?

-Nze is playing some really good basketball right now, it's great to see. I would love for both Nze and AT to come back next year, I think this team could be really special.

-Hodges is a stud. I think he needs to be a little less selfish with the ball though. There were times where I really thought he could have just finished at the rim, but instead he tried to make an extra pass that didn't end well.

-Tate is just flat out a winner. Undersized to say the least, but the dude just wins. Excited to see him grow over his years at Butler (literally and figuratively). If he puts on some muscle, look out Big East. Tate and Harris will be a dynamic backcourt duo, potentially one of the best in the country come their junior seasons.

All in all, this team has some serious fight. I imagine we would be in the tournament field right now if AT hadn't gotten hurt and if Hodges had been eligible all season. I have been a critic of LaVall at times, but I think he has personally grown a lot this season too. He's doing a much better job with in game adjustments, he's making his case with the refs when it's an obvious mistake, and he's a great recruiter and scout. Give him one more above average assistant coach and some more time with this program. I think we will be happy with the result.

8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,890
    An AT/Khyle Marshall tandem would be fun to watch.

#60, SnoopDawg, godogs91 and 3 others like this.
  9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,285
    It wasn't anything youtube worthy or anything. It was just obvious that Moore was going to go up for another dunk and Bo went up, fouled him, and got enough arm and maintained the contact so that no shot could go up. Bo didn't react after the play (i.e. trash talk or call him out) he just went to the lane so Moore could shoot FT. (btw, I think Moore missed both FT on that trip as well, so an even better foul!)

#60 and bmradio99 like this.
  10. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,285
    Here's the highlights, you can see Moore's dunks in the first 1:30 of the clip. But the foul from Hodges isn't in the video.

11. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,594
    They should recruit AT to come back by showing all the fun he could have with Pierce Thomas and DJ Hughes

12. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $18,612
    Let's end the discussion about who someone's real or alternate identity is, even if they are a troll.

#60 and SnoopDawg like this.
  13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $6,517
    If they’ve communicated it to us with information they’ve provided to us on the forum, why is that not fair game?

For example, if I’m Reggie Miller and decide to disclose that, why would it be inappropriate for others to address me as Reggie Miller?

That’s effectively what’s happened here, they just aren’t smart enough to make their “tell” discreet, or they simply don’t care.

I’m happy to provide the evidence supporting this too-I’m not just speculating.

14. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,582
    Is it that big of a deal to you? Consider it like wearing a mask, it's board rules. I'm sure you understand now.

15. dawgs2014

Money:
    $6,517
    So what you’re saying is that if I objected, you’d still support me as long as I objected in a folksy manner?

16. Dale Denton

Dale Denton Member

Money:
    $77
    Guys this board is suppose to be about college basketball and the Butler bulldogs. Take this to private message. “Coach” LaVall would be disappointed.