Symir Torrence - 2020 Combo Guard (Marquette)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by UDDawg, Aug 2, 2018.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $973
  2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,549
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,093
    Have heard very little traction on our end. Would have loved to get him. Think we've fallen to 3rd place on him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. dawgnation

dawgnation Member

Money:
    $129
    bumba and UDDawg like this.
  5. dawgnation

dawgnation Member

Money:
    $129
    Where’d you hear this from?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,797
    I feel like Torrence is the only recruit you make these types of statements about. Do you have some sort of inside connection to his recruitment?

7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,797
  8. dawgnation

dawgnation Member

Money:
    $129
    It’s possible we offered Anthony Leal because Symir already informed the staff he won’t be going to Butler. Could potentially be true and awful news.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,797
    estar20dawg likes this.
  10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,797
  11. dawgnation

dawgnation Member

Money:
    $129
    Ya probably. Looking around twitter seems to point to Marquette.

12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,093
    Let's just say if you don't think the rug being pulled out from CD has had zero effect on his recruitment in the last month...i think there's a very definite correlation in what we as fans have seen going on questioning substitutions and decision making and what will happen when he commits to Marquette. If CD was not getting the ol micro manage heave Ho you could have been looking at a Butler commit

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,797
    Again, on what authority do you give this info? I’m not arguing that he’s coming here (in fact, looks like we offered another 2020 guard from Texas last night) but this seems a little extreme.

Are you really saying that Torrence chose not to come here because CD doesn’t play enough? I know they both went to VA, but wouldn’t LJ be able to explain that they’re two different players? With Torrence being a Top 50 recruit, I’d imagine LJ should be able to separate the two situations...

14. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,093
    That post is not fact or anything just my overall frustration with what is happening to CD. An 18, 19 year kid I'm sure is even more frustrated. I think at some point Symir might have heard some of those frustrations. Don't you think that's plausible? As for the other you can snoop around the Twittersphere and dig into message boards and get some really good Intel that this ship has sailed

15. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $602
    If that's the case (which I have very little reason to believe it is), then I'd rather he go somewhere else, even if it is Marquette. CD's shown flashes, but so did Jackson Davis.

16. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,093
    Fair enough. And probably valid. Hard to say on 3 min increments while knowing you're not allowed to make a mistake or free to shoot the ball...

17. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,549
    Can you link the the Texas guard we offered? I can’t find the tweet.

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,120
  19. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $251
    I know that Symir is at Vermont Academy, but CD was there two years ago; is it a given that they had any type of relationship. I assume that it is based on opinion that you don't believe that Christian is free to shoot the ball. I will give you that LaVall is very quick to pull someone when there is a lapse on the defensive end; see how quickly he pulls Tucker for the same reason. Having said all this, who knows the reasons why Symir may end up at Marquette; it was not too long ago that Cincinnati appeared to be a lock for him. Unless we happen to mindreaders it is all a guessing game.

20. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $251
    I have a hard time believing that Butler turly makes their offers based on whether or not they have been informed that a player won't be going to Butler. I think that you continue to make offers to players that you think can play at this level, regardless of what other offers you have out there. Until a player signs on the dotted line, nothing is a given.