TALK ME INTO BELIEVING . . .

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BigHoss, Jan 4, 2022.

1. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,791
    This is not a big east roster/team/coach/staff. Things need to change drastically. Oklahoma game gave me false hope. But you can see it so far in the games against X and SH. The team looks horribly outmatched everywhere. They have no athleticism. They have no ability to create/find open shots. It’s just painful to watch. It’s depressing. Butler needs something positive to change and fast.

BigHoss, dippper61 and cornette33 like this.
  2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,642
    The biggest thing I have seen in this team over the last few years is the inability to create shots. AT does a great job of driving and dishing for layups, but this team doesn’t penetrate and have a shooter rotate into a wide open 3. X did it several times tonight. But Butler has not done it for years

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,808
    Agreed!!!!

Same boat for me. Now it’s like a broken record going over the same things

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    I actually thought Jayden did an awesome job if this tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,572
    I'm dangerously close to moving from frustrated/pissed off to simply apathetic, and this comes from someone that has given LaVall a very strong benefit of the doubt previously.

No identity, inconsistent effort, and no noticeable upside/potential for the future.

6. HoosierDawg

HoosierDawg Member

Money:
    $150
    The sad thing is that we played about as well as we could tonight…and still lost-at home-by 15. Effort was there, we’re just not good enough. And I don’t see anything out there that can change it this season, or next.

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,163
    I actually had this conversation on the way home from dinner tonight with the GF. We went to her daughter's game then out for a bite...on our way home about 915 I thought "oh crap, the butler game"...against Xavier at home. I didn't check in til the first half was almost over. I told her that I know life has changed and adjustments happen but...that it simply sucked to feel that apathetic about something that usually has my radar up. I felt terrible in the moment but then realized-this is what this staff has done to a lot of the base. I can't see myself getting fired up again until there are changes.

Hell we got home and I turned on the last 12 or so minutes and I just sat there. No cheering, no griping about Xavier hitting every three, no nothing. Just...sat and watched. Literally zero emotion and that, as passionate as I was about this program, kinda makes me sad.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,163
    I don't want to start a new thread but, we saw 2020's class as a huge talent turning point and the start of possibly a new run with LJ's "guys":

Tate-doesn't play
    Wilmoth-doesn't play
    Chuck-relegated to about 15 minutes a night and mostly ineffective
    Coles-ran back to Texas (in the moment I was aggravated, looking back I don't blame him)
    Scooby-up for felony rape charges

(transer in) Hodges-will we ever see him again?

6 players...5/6 very heralded and the one that wasn't was player of the year in RI.

Yo....and yikes.

9. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,572
    Yep.

This was the type of game where as a student I would have been getting warned by security to watch my mouth, a couple years ago I would have been yelling myself horse cheering/booing/just making noise from 218, but tonight outside of a handful of moments on both ends it felt simply like "Welp here we go again..." and was not worth investing the physical and emotional energy knowing I'd just end up disappointed.

10. Butler_Boatdawgs456

Butler_Boatdawgs456 Member

Money:
    $131
    I agree with the apathy. Hard to get excited when the ceiling for this season and the future seems to be so low.

willisbrown likes this.
  11. Butler_Boatdawgs456

Butler_Boatdawgs456 Member

Money:
    $131
    Another thing that needs to change is the social coverage.

Idk if there’s been turnover or what but the no where near enough to keep engaged with college aged kids as fans or even potential recruits.

It’s game day posts, score updates, maybe a highlight, that’s it. It’s 2022 you have an entire comm school of kids.

Be a real athletic program and have some sort of a creative dept.

Even if you do it on the cheap get student interns to shoot and edit content.

Easy to be apathetic when you know next to nothing about the team you’re rooting for and see one unique post a month if that.

jal8908, dawgs2014 and jkcdawgs like this.
  12. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,131
    BoatDawg, don’t forget about our brilliant “Happy Bulldog Birthday..!” posts every other day. A low effort way for a social media account to “look like they’re doing something”. I’ve 100% seen better social media content produced by High School JV teams.

13. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,623
    Been saying this for years. Everything the program does is so weak…