Tate Cleared

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Dec 9, 2021.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,623
    Got the green light it appears…check out Instagram.

bumba, ButlerProf, BoyGeoff and 2 others like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,164
    I don't do Instagram but have a little birdie who does and that news was shared with me a few minutes ago. Which is excellent. I'm a huge Tater Tot fan. BOLD prediction...

His shooting will be muuuuuuuch better than last year. I guess that's not too bold seeing he was missing from deep aplenty but, I have faith in my man that he'll make an impact.

3. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,605
    OK, when its money-time let's see Tate/Harris/Hughes/David & Luko :cool:

bumba and tobystorrs like this.
  4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,207
    So what you're saying is that he'll be back for the Crossroads?

bumba, Dawgedd, readyletsgo and 15 others like this.
  5. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,452
    Tucker will be back in time for Crossroads????!!!!!!!!!

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,924
    Stoppppppppppppp

Well done

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $14,164
    I'm thinking y'all going saturday will get to see him in action a little. Needs to get his feet wet some before playing the best team in the land.

ButlerProf likes this.
  8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,934
    Uh...not seeing anything on their socials related to Tate. Maybe they jumped the gun and took it down?

9. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,623
    Check Instagram stories…Tater Tot, Chuck and Wilmoth all posted about it.

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $14,164
    You know Butler...we know nothing official (from them at least) until the very last second they have to say it.

11. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,623
    Wish we had a beat writer…why keep this under wraps? Add it to the list of many issues with the program.

12. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,279
    FWIW: I've been hinting about this for two weeks and tweeted about the posts earlier today. I have been waiting for permission from the program to make an actual "announcement" tweet that he is available for Saturday for 4+ hours. But yeah, my guess is we won't be told we can say something until Saturday because that's just how these things have been going since I started covering the team. If I am given clearance and told 100% that he is ready to go, then I'll tweet that. If I am given that clearance, I bet it won't be until after practice today anyways, which is fair.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  13. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Well-Known Member

Money:
    $593
    Tucker's Windy City Bulls have a 7 PM home game the night before the Crossroads, then don't play again until Dec. 29. The window's there. And Bo's not using the #1 jersey. Really seems like the planets are aligning on this one.

cornette33, BUcheer and formz42 like this.
  14. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,623
    Not trying to be rude or mean, but why hold this info? I get that you don’t want to burn sources, but this is info I figure they would want out? No way they want to hold ALL info they give you. Just my two cents.

znelson15 and UDDawg like this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $14,164
    Woods is worthless and Lukas can only do so much when you're dealing with people acting like they're holding all the nuclear codes. I'm not sure having a full time "beat" guy would change much. As we've all seen, Lukas does a hell of a job with the limited info he's given.

PharmDDawg and jkcdawgs like this.
  16. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,279
    I ask. I've gotten burned once by getting permission from one source within the program and posting something but another did not want it out yet. I'm not doing that again, even if that situation ended up getting blown over fine. I ask, I wait. I don't think it's harmful to anyone to wait - it can be to jump the gun.

17. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,124
    Yeah, it only takes once to burn a source, so I don't blame Lukas at all. He's still the closest to an actual beat writer we have. Plus, he does a good job of at least hinting at stuff he's not comfortable fully sharing yet.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  18. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,934
    OK, man you all dig deep in your social stalking. I sort of draw the line on getting into the instas of all the players. I see the 12Free stuff now. That's pleasant news and a good shot in the arm for this team.

19. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,542
    Some of you take this sh*t WAY too seriously.

dawgs2014, #60 and butlerguy03 like this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,504
    Is he cleared to suit up or to practice with contact? I was told by someone of significance that offices in Hinkle Tate and Hodges will be out until January and Nze maybe January or February. We will know soon. Of the two Hodges is far more important at this juncture as well as Nze. Tate will have to work in minutes not used by Harris, Bolden, Lukosius and Taylor.