Tate Cleared

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Dec 9, 2021.

1. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,522
    I don't even have instagram. At 41, I clearly fit in Gen X when it comes to social media. I have a facebook that I look at maybe once a day, and a twitter that I randomly say things on.

DawgPoundMac and ButlerProf like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,183
    That's why we have these young bucks to keep us in the loop.

I love twitter and of course I have a linkedin page...I haven't had FB for years and never Instagram.

The worst are these kids with the damn tik tok and snapchatting all day. I don't get it and I don't think I want to.

DawgPoundMac and #60 like this.
  3. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,448
    He’s been practicing with contact I believe for a week or 2 already.

While I am ecstatic to have him back, I think caution is important here. We don’t really know if he has had much time to work on development over the last 9 months. #1 goal was to get his strength and mobility back. I’m sure his stand-still shooting and FT will likely improve but finishing in contact, jab steps, and shooting in motion might be the same if not a little behind last year due to lack of reps

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

SCbulldogsfan4life likes this.
  4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    Tate was full go in practice the end of November. I don’t see Nze being out as long as you were told.

5. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,757
    I'll just copy my tweets in here. As BUcheer already stated, Tate has been full practicing since Nov. 28. My intel is also that Nze will be back sooner than some anticipate (of course, he has an injury that is a bit harder to determine an actual timeline for, though).

mwall787 likes this.
  6. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    I think this team can be much better with all three of Tate, Hodges, and especially Nze available. However, its may take a while to figure out how to best do lineups as they return and/or for them to get back in the swing of things.

7. chc3

chc3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $484
    I'm 72 and have it. But that's because I have grandchildren...
    Sent from my SM-N950U using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerProf likes this.
  8. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    This is for you only Willis-I saw Tater today @ the HRC and he’s ready for action! He’s a cool college sophomore!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

Money:
    $29
    Agree. Stick to your principles.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,316
    Tik tok is the best, dude

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  11. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,344
    ButlerProf and cornette33 like this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,183
    Your thoughts to God's ears.

13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,845
    34 here and no Insta, Tik Tok or Snapchat. Have Twitter I scroll thru once per day for news and FB I look at once for news/old friends.

ButlerProf and cornette33 like this.
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    Reminder that all the following is likely true:

Tate has upside.

Tate may be really good some day.

Tate was *really* bad last year.

Tate hasn’t had a real off-season to focus on improving.

Tate is likely to still be very bad.

Butler would probably be better off this year with him redshirting.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    Tate's outside shooting or lack there of last season was most perplexing. If he could provide that type of scoring punch, it would be a most welcome addition. It's fairly obvious, he could be the point guard option of the future. How this injury and recovery will effect his production this season, is anyone's guess. Proceed with caution...

tobystorrs and knobcreekfan like this.
  16. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,197
    I don't know that I disagree with any of this. I might leave out the *really*, but I might not. The only counter I would offer is that Tate still has 3 years after this year, if he wants them, if we don't red shirt him.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,101
    Ah, I forgot about the covid oddities with eligibility. Ok, what I meant to say I guess was that Butler would likely be better if he doesn’t play this year; I think it’s unreasonable to think he’s going to help us this season.

And I think the “really bad” was about as nice as you can be about it. Among Butler freshmen who played any meaningful number of minutes in the last 20 years, I think he was the very worst when you look at the data. Everyone was/is (understandably) fixated on his clear upside. But if you look solely at what he did last year, he was plainly *awful* at doing things that help teams win, and it seems unlikely he’ll be better without having had an offseason to improve. I am hopeful he’ll get there and I’m excited to see where he can be next season and the year after.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    PSUButlerFan and seadawg like this.