Tayshawn Comer - 2022 Guard (Eastern Kentucky)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by thebulldogs, Jun 7, 2021.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,953
    Contrary to some others, I still like this offer. Comer is rock solid fundamentally even though he may be undersized. While he may not be flashy, he is steady in all areas. I think some teams are missing the boat. Having seen him live in a few games made me a believer and he is as hard nosed as they come.

estar20dawg likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,411
    The dude is tough as nails. He's never going to be outworked

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,547
    I noticed his demeanor on the court after making a solid play, or getting an And 1. No need to celebrate, just taking care of business.

5. seadawg

Money:
    $9,953
    With the right team chemistry, Comer could be very effective. If I were to make a comparison it would be to Barlow, but with a upscale in quickness and offensive skill set.

6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,614
    I don't know a ton about his ceiling but if he's an absolutely gritty defender and good leader, there is no shame in being a backup PG. Not everybody can start. Going to need someone behind Tate for a couple years.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  7. bicknob

bicknob Active Member

Money:
    $243
    I watched the Indy Heat vs Phenom U game on twitch on Friday. Comer stuck out as one of the best players on the court. He was tasked with guarding Seth Trimble (UNC commit) and had some crucial steals and defensive stops in a close and intense game. I think he would be a great 4 year guard to add to this roster.

seadawg and 2xDawg like this.
  8. estar20dawg

Money:
    $7,411
    Yes, he has to be at the top of my PG wants...This dude is just a flat out winner

cornette33, seadawg, #60 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,614
    I'll have you know that there was a quote in the Indy Star without context where he said that he hoped the Butler offer would incentivize other schools to offer him as well, so be wary if you think this is a Butler kid.

NCJon likes this.
  10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $7,411
    oh god, even through the sarcasm that makes we cringe. I love how people who know nothing, have never spoken to a kid love to infer things from random places, taken from twitter or instagram or like you said a news paper without context, just shakes my hand

11. seadawg

Money:
    $9,953
    Surprisingly thus far, Comer's best offer still appears to be BU. Of course it would be nice to nab another local HS kid, unless playing time would be an issue. Still no mention of a timetable for a decision.

12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,202
    I was surprised by the summer league shooting stats for him referenced in Lukas's most recent piece. Without going back and double checking, I think it was 31% overall and 25% from 3. I haven't seen him play, but I was surprised by that. I wouldn't think those numbers would cause his door to get beaten down. He is also different from the other lead guards we are targeting, who are 6'5", so efficiency, along with the grit many have noted, would be needed to bridge this gap. It could have been an abnormal stretch of games, but it gave me pause. Interested in additional thoughts from those who know his game better.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. seadawg

Money:
    $9,953
    Actually Comer shot over 40% from 3 as a junior at Cathedral.

14. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,763
    Yup, he's generally improved as a shooter throughout his high school career. He just had some efficiency struggles at EYBL, shooting 39-for-123 (31.7 percent) from the field and 4-for-16 (25 percent) from three. His foul shooting (25-for-33, 75.8 percent) was pretty on par with his high school numbers. I only streamed a few of his games at EYBL, as I mostly stuck with the recent offers and such.

2xDawg likes this.
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349

2xDawg likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,349
  17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    So, I’m guessing we weren’t there or the Cathedral social media person went to Xavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,326
    if it makes you feel better, the top schools were there for Booker, not Comer. Honestly after Kelly, I thought ppl would start to talk themselves more into Comer

NCJon likes this.
  19. seadawg

Money:
    $9,953
    Granted many on the board are less than excited about Comer, but basketball players come in all sizes. Comer is the essence of a true point guard. For those not familiar with Comer, he is fearless, explosive and powerfully built. Someone will be getting a really good player. His play resembles Kyle Lowery in terms of toughness and he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    AZRPh, NCJon and 2xDawg like this.
  20. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $440
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021