Tayshawn Comer - 2022 Guard (Offered)

Discussion in '2022 Recruiting Profiles' started by thebulldogs, Jun 7, 2021.

1. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $523
    bumba likes this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,047
    This dude reminds of Kyle Lowery a lot. Seems we have a couple of junkyard dogs/winners we are targeting as well, like that a lot

cornette33 likes this.
  3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,677
    I had a feeling this one was coming on his unofficial today. I have loved the way he has played all spring and at camp this weekend. As requested, I have an article already up as a quick hits on the offer: https://www.patreon.com/posts/52296763.

Will try to connect with Tayshawn this week for an interview-based piece as well.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,194
    All for it. Would love a fellow Cathedral grad on the team!

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,987
    Agreed. The last Cathedral recruit worked out pretty well. Comer would be a rock solid addition based on games I've watched.

6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,235
    Hainje?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. seadawg

Money:
    $8,987
    Bingo !

8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,235
    Holy crap - at least I got something right this week. Is it the weekend yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $578
    Great write up, loved the quick access to his highlights in the piece. He seems like a tough nosed grinder. I hope this works out.

10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,047
    He really reminds me of Kyle Lowery, and if the shooting continues to come around, he's someone I'd want running a team. The improvements in shooting are evident and I have no reason to suspect his work ethic would make his shooting continue to get better. For 6'1 very strong, gifted at getting to the rim and I figure he will be elite in college at finishing through contact, great at racking up fouls on opposing teams as well.

seadawg likes this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $8,987
    And finishing with either hand...

12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,047
  13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,693
    Sign me up for any gritty athletic point guard who also has leadership skills. The Butler Way at its finest.

14. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $408

Wow, kids got “it”. Silky smooth, athletic finishes around the rim you can’t teach. Want want want

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. Shark

Shark Member

Money:
    $150
    For the Indystar article, he said something about hoping the Butler offer would get other schools to offer.

It's one thing to think that, but don't say it to a reporter. If he does come here, it feels like we're his safety school. We don't want to publicly be DeVry.

SnoopDawg and willisbrown like this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $8,987
    I'd think his offers will increase with or without any publicity.

17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,265
    I agree with your sentiment 100%, but I went and read the direct quote before responding to this. He said "it (our offer) might increase the pressure on other schools to pull the trigger". I was ready to write him off of my want list before seeing the exact quote. I'm not as bothered by what he said as I was expecting to be but I would much rather read how impactful and meaningful the Butler offer is to him than what he said!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,605
    I still don't like it. I'd rather he show excitement for his general recruitment and excitement for a big east offer in his backyard, vs saying "maybe it amps up the pressure for more offers" or whatever. He's off my want list. Never was highly on there I guess but I don't like his sentiment.

SnoopDawg and DawgsMD like this.
  19. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,265
    I get it. I was ready to go there and what he said doesn't sit well with me, but I backed off and took more of a wait and see approach. I totally get your sentiment, though, because one of my biggest pet peeves is the poor mouthing Butler receives. It deserves better than it gets, even by some of its fans who have mediocre expectations.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown and 2xDawg like this.
  20. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,677
    oh boy, reeeelax. Coach Jordan takes his time to offer just about everyone, even those that are clearly talented enough to receive offers. He tries to get them on campus, talk to them multiple times, and make sure they are a fit for beyond basketball reasons. Perhaps I am off base, but I think only one scholarship player (non-rotation) transferring out this offseason while five seniors elected to return speaks volumes of exactly that. Questioning a recruit's character because of one quote (in which zero context is provided and he could have said many things prior to his quote) instead of trusting the staff's relationship with him seems extremely harsh to me. In terms of reading into the quote, it sounds like the type of guy that is always going to keep working and improve; increased offer #s are proof of that hard work and everyone wants recognition for that work. This type of mindset makes me think he'll remember who the first high-major was that offered.

Side note: This is exactly why I try to lead into every quote I put in articles by describing what was asked. I'll also be chatting with Tayshawn later this week and will have an interview-based article up as soon as I can. I have a bunch of guys I need to talk to but with the live period, everyone is pretty darn busy. I've at least connected with most of them already.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    bu04, BHayden, ChiDawg3 and 9 others like this.