Thad's Staff

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by SpringDawg, Apr 3, 2022.

1. SpringDawg

SpringDawg Active Member

Money:
    $236
    Obviously a key piece to success is going to be the staff that Thad is able to build. I've got to think he comes in with a few names in mind and I'm sure plenty of AC's would love to be on his bench. I'm still seeing some suggest that Boals and Nored could be options but I find that hard to imagine. Will be interesting to see if any from current staff are retained. What names come to mind? Butler guys? Any other of Thad's former assistants? I would imagine we will know very soon. Should be an exciting few days!

Xer4ever likes this.
  2. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $820
    I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a role for Greg Oden. Thad has mentored him for years and even flew to China to encourage his return to OSU as a student-manager that eventually led to continuing on Holtman's bench as a graduate assistant. Greg's 6'11" brother is at Georgia State and might enter the portal as his coach at GS, Rob Lanier went to SMU.

SpringDawg likes this.
  3. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,512
    If he hires Dane Fife, it will tell you he thinks Woodson screwed him over. If the Fife sabotage rumors are accurate, I obviously don’t want him. If they are crap, he would be awesome and a huge coup.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    That would be very telling.

5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,368
    The Nored assistant talk is weird. Why would he leave the NBA except for a HC job?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,368
    I mean, I would clearly love it but I don’t feel it’s realistic. Same with Boals. He’s a rising head coach in a halfway decent conference. This is not like Holt leaving Gardner-Webb.

SpringDawg likes this.
  7. SpringDawg

SpringDawg Active Member

Money:
    $236
    Yeah, not sure what I think about Fife, but imagine the imploding IU heads if Thad brought him on and Landers followed.

8. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,742
  9. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    Names that I wouldn’t be surprised if they were discussed or considered. Jeff Boals, Ronald Nored, Alex Barlow, Khyle Marshall, Greg Oden, Alan Major, Dave Dickerson, Dane Fife, David Ragland, Roosevelt Jones, and Chris Jent to name a few. Some of these could be in other staff roles besides an AC position.

10. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    $$$ and it’s Butler.

HoosierDawg likes this.
  11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,862
    Give me two top-flight assistant coach recruiters at 350k each and Barlow at 200k. There’s your 900k budget.

Recruit recruit recruit. Gotta have talent above all else.

Hinkle, 2xDawg, BigHoss and 2 others like this.
  12. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,357
    I am bored with this forsure

Barlow to me is another up a comer in the coaching circles and for 200 I am on all in

I would be down with Kyle Marshall returning also as he was with a South Dakota st team that knows how to score the rock

As you mentioned before with Ragland and how well he recruits, he should have a chance to stay on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $594
    Give me whatever AC it's going to take to recruit our first ever 5 star player. With Thad on board, I'm totally ambivalent about whether there are any other alums on the bench.

HoosierDawg and PSUButlerFan like this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,317
    Barlow’s NBA player development and G League coaching experience could offer a ton of benefits.

We know he’s basketball smart.

znelson15 and mwall787 like this.
  15. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,846
    Ron Nored, Bruce Weber, David Ragland.

16. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    Folks keep forgetting Zach Hahn. He’d be high on my list. Excellent teacher, coach, alum, ambassador, 2x final four, ++

willisbrown likes this.
  17. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,005
    Would be cool to get Weber

18. SpringDawg

SpringDawg Active Member

Money:
    $236
  19. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    Especially if he brought Pack with him lol

ButlerProf and tedfrye like this.
  20. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Active Member

Money:
    $319
    Nored would be a phenomenal recruiter. I'd be ecstatic if Matta put him on the staff. I agree with the earlier post. If Matta hires Fife I'd say Woody didn't like him and Fife got the short end of the stick. I will say this, if you like defense then you'll like Fife.

DawgPoundMac and Shane Davis like this.