Thad's Staff

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by SpringDawg, Apr 3, 2022.

1. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    Chris Hollander is the guy.

shoeevv likes this.
  2. NCDog

NCDog Member

Money:
    $64
    Well, this is obviously very specific but is beyond my knowledge to be able to guess who that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SCbulldogsfan4life likes this.
  3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,654

bumba, troggy, WAJC77 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,654
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,115
    Not to sound too wooly but...........

This is pretty GD amazing and gives me chills knowing, not thinking, knowing, we're back ass holes.

6. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,694
    [Harry Caray]

"Do you know what 'Greg Oden' is backwards? 'Nedo Gerg'. Like 'neat-o' with a 'D' and then 'Grrrrrg! Heh heh...

'OBOD'! That's like 'DOBO' backwards... OBOD, DOBO, OBOD, DODOBOBO."

[/Harry Caray]

pjohnsto2003 and Staxawax like this.
  7. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    Just read that Ragland is in consideration for the Evansville job,\.

seadawg likes this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,873
    Ragland would be a rather significant loss should he be hired. He has demonstrated to be competent recruiter. IMO

joliebeth23 likes this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    I’m not sure I would take the Evansville job if I were Ragland. It’d be a tough call, but at this point that job seems like a certain career damager.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

BUcheer, NCJon, willisbrown and 2 others like this.
  10. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $947
    It does seem like a risk when you are already saddled up for what looks like a heck of a ride as soon as next season.

DawgDude likes this.
  11. seadawg

Money:
    $9,873
    A quandary, to say the least.

12. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $594
    I'll be happy for Ragland that he's finally getting a head coaching opportunity. It's got to be a tough decision though, because if Butler has a great year, there will likely be better opportunities than trying to fix a mess down there.

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,303
    Yea I know it sucks, but spend a year or 2 learning under Thad will do wonders for his coaching opportunities in the future. He probably got a pay increase to stay on here. Evansville is not a great spot for a first time gig. You gotta figure a better spot comes up even just 1 year under Thad

Especially this late in the season, to put together a decent staff & then recruit transfers you are just behind everywhere, doesn't lead to success as we have seen

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    SCbulldogsfan4life, #60 and seadawg like this.
  14. DawgDude

DawgDude Member

Money:
    $163

15. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,894
    A head coaching gig is not always easy to come by, especially in your own home town. However, unless Evansville is willing/able to make a big investment in their staff (both in time and money), it's a job most sensible people with no connection to the school/area wouldn't want.

They were paying around $200-$300k for their head coaching position, which wouldn't be much of a pay bump for most P6 assistants and is bottom of the barrel for the MVC. They haven't been to the tourney in closing in on 25 years, they have only had a better than .500 record in the MVC twice in the last 15 years (both under Marty Simmons). Now, they can certainly be better than they were under Lickliter and McCarty, but I'm skeptical how much. Loyola leaving the MVC helps, but Belmont and Murray State coming in definitely doesn't. Whoever winds up there, whether it's Ragland or someone else, it'll be interesting to see what ultimately happens.

As for Butler, I would do all I could to keep Ragland. At least from a recruiting standpoint, he's not someone you can easily replace as an assistant.

SCbulldogsfan4life likes this.
  16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,115
    Agreed. Now that Butler is acting like a major conference team and has a huge name at HC, it would behoove Ragland to stick around and enjoy what should be some success. His name will be much more attractive in 2-3 years than it is now and 100% agree Evansville is where coaches go to die.

17. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,658
    Most observers would concur that Evansville is sliding into irrelevance. I would also have to agree Ragland's stock will be much higher 1 to 2 years from now. Let's hope he concludes the same thing(s).

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  18. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,152
    Some thought Butler was sliding into irrelevance.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerProf likes this.
  19. seadawg

Money:
    $9,873
    Can't say if it was a return to dark ages, but you would have to concede that things were heading in the wrong direction. BC deserves some credit in recognizing change was needed to move the program forward and convincing others of that. JMO

SCbulldogsfan4life and 2xDawg like this.
  20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    Imo *this* is the biggest reason no one should ever question the move to the Big East.

No matter how bad things get, you’re one factor away from *completely* changing your trajectory.

If you’re at a mid or low major, not only is a positive trajectory hard to build, it’s even harder to sustain.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg and jal8908 like this.