Thad's Staff

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by SpringDawg, Apr 3, 2022.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    No.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,001
    Agreed. Love all those guys but given the connections Thad has I'm not hiring any players from 2008 forward not named Ronald Nored or Alex Barlow (Nored is 99% not happening and Barlow I'm not completely sold on) for a recruiting AC position. One of the other staff positions, absolutely but those seem to be filled already. And I'm not just promoting Oden or Diebler either.

Given what we've seen in the other two AC positions, that would be a Horizon League Butler move.

3. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,129
    I like the idea of hiring a younger coach with BU connections as a 3rd assistant, especially with a presumably lower budget. A younger assistant coach could be mentored by an established top-level coaching staff like we possess with Matta, Kuwik, and Peagues. I'd love to have a young, eager, humble, and intelligent assistant. Might be just what we need all things considered. Does Marshall fit that bill? No idea, but the thought intrigues me.

4. SCbulldogsfan4life

Money:
    $1,129
    If it isn't a recruit-by-committee rule and Ragland's position is the primary recruiting person, then I agree. Otherwise, I have no problem going for an alum, as long as Thad sees it as a good fit. For a 3rd assistant, I think you can go that route because you have 3 top-notch coaches already on-staff. I wouldn't promote Oden or Diebler, either (although they each may have a good network). Let them grow in their support roles before promoting them.

cornette33 likes this.
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    I have a feeling Jeff Boals, who has been awfully quiet on this board lately, starts hitting the board at a pretty steady clip until the dust settles here.

Maybe they hire Ron Nored /s

CMG likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,115
    Just hire a guy that can comfortably carry large bags.

cornette33 likes this.
  7. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
  8. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,217
    Good luck, but dang if him leaving doesn't feeling kind of bad.... Think he could have got a much better job in a year or two.

bumba, ButlerBoyz, jal8908 and 4 others like this.
  9. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,178
    LOVE Khyle. Don't think his resume is anywhere near worthy of a phone call though.

dawgs2014, bmradio99 and cornette33 like this.
  10. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $520
    Not surprised here. It's his hometown, and you never know if you'll get a head coaching opportunity.

The good news is he did stay around long enough to safely retain Simas and Turnbull.

Interested to see who replaces him now.

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,873
    Congrats to Rags but I'd be lying to say I was not a little surprised by this. I do feel this is a significant loss for the area of recruiting. Like the idea of hiring a BU guy though that fits.

2xDawg likes this.
  12. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,658
    Would Shelvin be interested?

13. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,269
    Saw him doing some commentary for CBS during the tourney. Wonder if that's the direction he wants his career to be heading.

14. bmhamm

bmhamm New Member

Money:
    $20
    @TheHinkleman is reporting on twitter that Ronald Nored is replacing Ragland on Butler's staff. It's like we are immune from bad things happening right now!

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,303
    Um that is not a real source...and nothing has even closely been mentioned about this

16. bmhamm

bmhamm New Member

Money:
    $20
    Wishful thinking makes you believe sometimes...

17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    Don’t tell me next that Santa Claus isn’t real. What’s next - the Easter Bunny? The Tooth Fairy? I’m not sure, emotionally, I would be able to handle that.

18. SCbulldogsfan4life

Money:
    $1,129
    Maybe Thad IS Santa Claus. He's sure been giving us a lot of presents the last couple months. And of course the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are real. How else do you explain all the Easter eggs in my back yard and dollar bills under my pillow when I was a kid.

znelson15 likes this.
  19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,278
    So you want Emerson Kampen?

20. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,278
    I don't think there's any evidence that supports this? Who was the last Butler AC that went onto any HC job, let alone a good one outside of Butler? Matthew Graves went to University of Southern Alabama almost 10 years ago. Idk the Sun Belt (I think that's the conference they are in), but was it better than Evansville?

Besides being promoted w/in, I think the only good job Butler AC's have moved onto is B1G AC jobs?

batimm likes this.