The Bigger Picture

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by nindiana, Mar 2, 2019.

1. pappyball

pappyball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $664
    Title will never respond to this. He’ll wait until next year, if we’re good we won’t hear from him. If we suck he’ll let us know when he made his username. Rinse and repeat until his programming is terminated.

joliebeth23, jeff, Tentozen and 4 others like this.
  2. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,814
    Title leads a very sad existence.

godogs91, jeff and pappyball like this.
  3. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $483
    If we make the NIT somehow ( i doubt we do) I really think we should let our young guys get some quality minuets!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,149
    IMG_20190314_100332.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."
    —unnamed United States major, referring to the bombing of Ben Tre, South Vietnam

estar20dawg likes this.
  6. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    Tucker needs a strong coach to be very firm about what is expected of him. I don't think LaVall is the optimal coach for getting Tucker's very best and that's too bad because a JT that's well-honed with grit and fire could be All Big East candidate in a year or two.

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,289
    This is going to be a fun off-season.

8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,149
    Maybe @Jaredgrubbs needs to lock the board for a "cooling off" period.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 and BullDawg2789 like this.
  9. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $483
    This my be the wrong spot to ask I’m new to the board but I just looked at updated NIT mock and we are a 4 seed vs Toledo. That would be cool to make that and get our seniors a few more games and also the young guys. But If your in favor Of NIT I would think we should be rooting for the Florida and Xavier’s to make it in and keep winning so they don’t steal any NIT bids. I can’t believe I just typed root for Xavier. Scratch everything I just said I committed a mortal sin but seriously

10. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,889
  11. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $600
    Baddog and bumba like this.
  12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,889
    Not to sound short with you, but I was not inferring we were in. I was answering a new guy's question. I think we all know what kind of product we put out there this year and they do as well hence the coaches are already on recruiting visits at times when the NIT would be held.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  13. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $483
  14. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $600
    I’m actually not looking to start arguments today, despite what some think. I missed the original post, my apologies.

pappyball likes this.
  15. estar20dawg

Money:
    $2,889
    Ok gotcha, that was last done on March 11. And midmajormadness is not generally the most accurate. But technically speaking we could still be considered for an NIT bid but I think there's not a really strong chance of that. If we were to make it, we would probably be about a 7 seed.

16. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $483
    Yeah I agree. I want to make NIT but I doubt we do. I just got on this morning and saw that and was surprised lol. Hopefully we can sneak in there and get a high seed and at least make it even thought I’m not to sure if we deserve it

17. DawgFan

DawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $248
    Okay, many here agree that we should recruit better/bigger/stronger/faster "athletes" who can compete in the Big East. I don't know... I am not an expert... but I guess that those superlatives probably translate to a "Top 200" guy. Right?

So typically:
    1. How many guys in the Top 200 would want to come to Butler? (Maybe 3?)
    2. How many of those guys in 1. above would Butler want?

At what point does Butler compromise (if ever) on the character of a recruit in order to get the bigger/stronger/faster guy?

Are we at a crossroads in these types of decisions?

18. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $600
    Or we could recruit talented and honorable young men? There’s zero correlation between talent and dick-headed-ness. You need two Top 100 kids each year to win the BE. Maybe take a flier on somebody around 150 for a third scholly. Of the top 100, I bet 75%+ have Butler “character.”

We suck at recruiting because we’re still seen as “little brother” aroud the country, and we have the lowest hoops budget in the BE.

19. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,043
    The school is what it is today because of men's basketball! It is time for the powers that be to step and spend the money and quit pleading poverty, if not go back down
    to DII or DIII. Spend the bucks Butler!

bumba, dippper61, jkcdawgs and 3 others like this.
  20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,015
    More likely seen as “little brother” in our home state (despite the false narrative)—not so much around the country. Fail to see how the hoops budget affects recruiting. Results have been pretty stellar since joining BE.