The Bigger Picture

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by nindiana, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $452
    One thing about Martin, remember what took place the year before in Holtman's last year; he actually was coming off the bench because he looked horrible. Something happened last year during Jordan's first year to light a fire with Martin. I'm not saying that Jordan was the reason, but something clearly clicked with him.

willisbrown likes this.
  2. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    Like most of you have said and I’ve thought this for awhile now. This team more than anything missed the leadership of Kelan and Wideman. It did help Martin was a complete stud. We miss him

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,359
    Martin was awful good and will go down as one Butler's all time greats. He and Wideman carried last years team on their backs. Will always remember Kelen's role
    in beating Boltmann's OSU team, that was priceless.

DawgPoundMac and Hinkle Nation like this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,540
    Martin and Wideman were stoned cold too, nothing bothered them and they played hard nosed, wouldn't be out-toughed or pushed around by anyone. They were gangters out there, plain and simple. That toughness was sorely lacking this year...I'm sure they were vocal as well, but even if not, their actions spoke volumes on how to be the leaders of a solid team.

ConnersvilleBulldog and DawgsMD like this.
  5. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $527
    I not remember where I saw it, but Kelan praised LJ for his improvement his senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Michdog

Michdog Active Member

Money:
    $252
    If it’s ok to give LJ all the blame for a player(s) regressing from year to year, it’s not intellectually fair to give him no credit when a player drastically improves - like Martin.

tyrin101, DawgFan, bwesson15 and 3 others like this.
  7. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $209
    I think you are referring to an article that was in Mad Magazine the college basketball comedy edition. I read the article and can confirm that Kelan did credit LaVall for his development as a basketball player and as a top rate stand up comedian inside Butler’s lockerroom.

8. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $527
    Since when are some folks on this board intellectually fair?

9. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $88
    Butlers AdjD was 120 this year according to KenPom. Aside from the '14 season where they finished 97th this was the first time a Butler team has been outside the top 100 in AdjD since '06. Terry Johnson was a huge catalyst in keeping the defensive side of the ball covered for the team for many years. I wonder if an Assistant coaching change could ultimately benefit the team. A DC could really help where LaVall and this staff seem to be weak.

10. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $846
    Oh hey look Chris Holtmann and Ohio State upset Iowa State...

11. Dawgdad

Dawgdad Active Member

Money:
    $167
    Watching Caleb Furst from Blackhawk Christian in 1A state final. Wow, could he make a difference in a few years if LJ could land him.
    Only a sophomore. Might be wishful thinking on my part.

Hinkle Nation and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,365
    Wofford loses their big center and Magee. They will go back to sucking next year.

Can we poach #10 and their little 48% shooting PG?

13. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $846
    Not getting hopes up with IU and Purdue also in hot pursuit...