The Butler Way - Adam Grant TED Talk

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by WestLoopDog, Apr 22, 2018.

1. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,651
    Adam Grant is an Organizational Psychologist who writes and talks about organizational culture. Below is a link to his TED Talk Podcast which talks about winning teams and includes a section on The Butler Way. I hadn't seen it posted previously, so I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it. Definitely worth listening to if you are a Butler fan or not, or even if you are not a die-hard basketball fan.

It is a 20 minute podcast, but the piece on Butler starts about 11 minutes in. If you have the time, listen to the whole thing, because it is well done.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,349
    I would hope everyone takes time to listen to this.

3. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,152
    Thanks for finding this. It was posted in some other thread somewhere, and I found the pod cast (audio only) version and posted that link. But thanks for bringing it into it's own thread.

4. WestLoopDog

Money:
    $3,651
    Oops, sorry to be redundant. I humbly apologize.;)

5. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,152
    No sarcasm on my part. Genuine thanks. It's a great TED Talk and definitely worth the thread and the listen.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

kmacker69 likes this.
  6. WestLoopDog

Money:
    $3,651
    tjreese likes this.
  7. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $243
    I must have missed the Captain evolution when Stevens was coaching. AND, I love that this has continued. I've spliced Butler's portion and will be playing for my staff ASAP. I know I see everything through Butler colored glasses, but this TED Talk reconfirms our recruiting approach and I love it. We want to win, but we're not going to sign players that are culture killers for the sake of a few wins in any given year. The Butler Way is bigger than that. It makes me appreciate that most recruits are probably not interested in our program. Too much about team. Too much about sacrifice. But, for the players that are all in, it makes sense that most overplay their recruiting rankings, because they sell out for the greater cause.