The Hauser brothers are transferring!!!

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by UDDawg, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:31 PM.

1. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $238
    Shocked! Marquette has an uphill battle right now missing those 2. Maybe not as steep as ours, but still steep.

I know some are speculating Howard would leave after this announcement, but that makes no sense for his career. Not sure where he would get drafted because of his size, but someone would have to take a chance on a scorer like that right? No way he would transfer......

I cant believe the Hausers are transfering, both sitting a year! Must have been some real problems this year that we just dont see for this to happen.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  2. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $348
    Who has to know what they are doing? The Hauser brothers or Marquette? I would think that Wojo would be getting the same type of negative chatter that LJ is getting after Brunk and JGB said that they were transferring.

3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,139
  4. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $238
    Whoa,

This is a massive step down. Makes sense, but what a difference a day makes. Looks like we have pick up a home win for the year now.

5. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $818
    If Howard stays, him and McEwen make a really strong backcourt but they'll have to fill some gaps in on the grad transfer market. As the team stands now, I'd slot them middle of the pack with maybe a slight bump as a sign of respect for Howard. Honestly, as this team stands now, I'd put them on the same level as us. Howard is clearly better than anyone we have, but we definitely have more depth and more overall on-court talent.

If Howard leaves, we could be talking 9th or 10th easily here. McEwem is good as a transfer and they have some decent role players, but losing your clear top 3 guys would completely wreck them for next season (at least).

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,168
    That’s even bigger news than Brunk and JGB transferring

7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,139
    [​IMG]
    Has someone informed them that they have to sit out if they transfer?

8. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Member

Money:
    $128
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,352
    The kids. You don't just up and leave what would have been a top 10-15ish squad next year. Unless you have a really good feel for exactly where you are going. Sounds poachilicious to me. Already word on the twitter machine is VA is a front runner for their services.

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,350
    This is bonkers. Again, I keep seeing the UVA stuff, but oh my god can you imagine the meltdown if they transfer to Wisconsin...

bumba and Insane Dawg like this.
  11. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,350
    Call the Hausers, LaVall! ;) We've got room!

12. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Yeah, with how fast they came out with VA leading and Wisconsin also considered I don't see how they couldn't have already been making arrangements. LaVall should make the call, but these guys are probably already all but signed to Virginia.

13. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $465
    Stunning development. Oh man, the Marquette board must be convulsing. The temporal relationship and common sense tells you there's a strong connection between Howard announcing he's coming back and then a couple days laters the Hausers announcing they're leaving.

Edit: Maybe not. I suppose it could be compatibility with Wojo. I'd still put my money on how they get along with Howard.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  14. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $465
    I seriously doubt they're "poachilicious." Like you said, I have to believe they already know where they're going. All the negotiating has been done. If it is UVA, only a team on par with them has poaching capability. And that sure isn't Butler.

15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,168
    My guess it’s Howard because the Hausers have known Wojo for at least 3-4 years

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 3:02 PM
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,352
    Oh yeah, poaching has been done by one of the big powers. There's only a handful of teams that could draw two big time contributors from what would have been the best team in the big east and one of the best in the country. UVA is one. And TB has strong Wisconsin ties.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,352
    I didn't mean from our world of poach, poaching in general. This is a big blue blood play. Someone in the ACC or Big Ten is going to get two good players...I'm going to go with the masses that it's UVA. If not, Puke. I can see them at UVA before Puke though.

18. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $253
    I would guess WOJO. In the announcement on their twitter....not a mention of missing the coaching staff.

19. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,100
    It sounds more like they don't like playing with Howard more than anything. (Just guessing since they announced shortly after Howard said he's returning).

20. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $124
    Marquette messageboard has a link to a tweet saying Shaka is bringing them to Texas