Tim Finke - 2018 Shooting Guard (Grand Canyon)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jul 11, 2015.

1. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,820
    This kid is real good.

2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,051
    The number of kids we are currently involved with that are also high on Illinois is intriguing. Will be very interested to see what happens when things shake out with Groce.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
  4. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,966
    bu04 likes this.
  5. MIBulldog

Money:
    $2,966
    New Mixtape for Finke

6. bkbu14

bkbu14 New Member

Money:
    $46
    Visiting Vanderbilt today

7. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $602
    I wonder if Groce's firing will affect his interest in Illinois, since he's from Champaign?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. MIBulldog

Money:
    $2,966
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
  10. Sonbog

Sonbog Active Member

Money:
    $2,931
    It wouldn't surprise me if there are some angry people at the University of Illinois. They said several weeks ago that the late season turn around didn't matter. They were going to fire Mr. Groce no matter how well the team played. I can relate to them from my experience. Mr. Cam Cameron won four out of his last five at Indiana University and he was fired. That was after Coach Knight was fired. That was the last straw for me. He won four Big Ten football games that year. No football coach at IU has done it since. IU DID NOT CARE how bad the football team would be for several years.

It is obvious, if you believe circumstantial evidence (which proves nothing in court), that the deal between Mr. Underwood and Illinois University was SET IN STONE several weeks ago. They had set their faces to fire Mr. Groce NO MATTER HOW WELL HIS TEAM PLAYED. That last statement can not be argued; they said publicly that the late run the team made meant nothing. That means they hated him. I say they hated him without a cause, but that statement is from a distance.

If I were on that team, and if what I believe to be true actually is true, I would go anywhere rather than play for them.

Whether this thinking is shared by Mr. Finke or his brother (or the five star center who picked Illinois) I do not know. At this point they seem to have put the firing behind them, but they probably haven't thought it out as well as they will think it out.

I watched for eight years as IU slandered Coach Knight. They hated him with a passion. If you think he was fired because he told a young man to speak with a little more respect, you are wrong. They fired him because he had the players to win several national championships. They didn't want IU to win a championship if Coach Knight also won a championship. They fired Coach Knight claiming they would win a championship without him. They almost did.

I will never forgive IU. I will not forgive them in this life or the next. (If the current powers at IU came out in the press confessing their sins, describing how they slandered and smeared a fine man, then he would be right to forgive. They haven't repented. I am convinced they never will. People have changed at IU, but the requirement to be hired is that the applicant WILL hate Coach Knight.) I am sure that many of you will immediately conclude that I am a bitter old man. Conclude anything you like, but be sure of this: If Coach Knight went to IU for any favor that the school might offer, I would despise him.

Maybe not now, but soon, there will be people at Illinois University who will never forgive Illinois for the way they treated Mr. Groce. At least they didn't slander him nonstop for eight years. These players and recruits will probably be a lot wiser this time next year, but their decisions will have already been made.

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513
    It all makes sense now.

Sidd Finch, Bulldawg and NCJon like this.
  12. darnellarchey4three

darnellarchey4three Member

Money:
    $40
    Who's Coach Knight?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165

BU mention but many schools in the mix. Doesn't seem in any hurry.

14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,194
  15. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,194
  16. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,194
  17. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,773
    Finke was pretty bad today in the game I saw (4-14), but I love the way he plays. He's a high energy player. Tough as nails and extremely smart. He would fit perfectly at Butler.

shoeevv likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
  19. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $83
    In a real head scratcher Tim Finke has committed to Grand Canyon University.

20. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,194
    [​IMG]
    Thunder Dan slams one into the archives...

[​IMG]