Tom Davis Interview and More....

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by SpartanDawgs, Apr 18, 2018.

1. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $382
  2. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $342
    This interview is great. Tom Davis should never be allowed to write another Butler piece again. He clearly is lazy and very uninformed. I hope the coaching staff refrains from talking to him ever again. Embarrassing on his part.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg likes this.
  3. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Active Member

Money:
    $4,064
    Now I want to hear Ari interview Michael Pointer...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,645
    The fact Davis has had zero contact with Burton is all anyone needs to know.

5. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $949
    One other point that I don’t think has been mentioned: Davis is wrong to place academics and athletics into two camps with a clear hierarchy. Many athletes may end up coaching/being involved with the sport for their profession even if they don’t turn into a playing pro. In essence, the athletic part is part of the ‘academic’ part because it serves as a kind of internship to careers in that field—it just so happens that the field is basketball instead of business.

6. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,549
    Nothing more frustrating than a person playing the victim. I think something is wrong when other fan bases (valpo, ball state) also do not like the N-S coverage/articles where as a mid major they should be happy with coverage from a newspaper 60+ min away. Quite frankly, I think them "shaking hands" tells me more about coach Jordan than it does about tom davis

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Active Member

Money:
    $3,400
    estar20dawg likes this.
  8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,895
    Great interview Ari.

It's still funny that Tom doesn't grasp the difference between being willing to speak critically about the program and actively damaging the coaching staff's recruitment of a player. Writing an article claiming a recruit lacks intelligence and tagging him in it, a day after his visit and the week of his decision is just dumb. I don't need a beat writer to pump rainbows up my butt or anything, but the tact and timing of this article were infuriating. And for what? So Tom can feel superior by stating he knows whats best for Butler and Burton more than they do? That's a special kind of arrogance that's only met by one other Butler fan.

Tark43, jal8908, fdr and 7 others like this.
  9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Active Member

Money:
    $3,400
    ...sure, I called him and idiot, but it’s an OPINION piece....HELLOOOOO

mwall787 likes this.
  10. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $683
    And I didn’t feel the need to reach out to him and verify because....it’s my opinion!!!!

11. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
    What a piece of something, just cause you can write an opinion piece, doesn't mean you should...I could be wrong but I think you learn this skill as a child...

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,459
    I love that someone on the Butler staff (LaVall?) chewed his a** for that garbage.

Have to give kudos to Ari for getting that set up and doing a good job with that interview.

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,645
    The sad part is the damage is done. The only way it could rectified is if Burton picks BU.

14. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,224
    Should I even listen? I don't want to give Tom Davis anymore of a platform than he already has...

SpartanDawgs and UDDawg like this.
  15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,459
    The gist is, "it's my opinion," we should be grateful for his coverage, this has caused a headache for his supervisors, and Butler coaches aren't happy.

estar20dawg, joliebeth23 and Dawgedd like this.
  16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,214
    LOL cry me a river, Tom.

17. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $949
    One more: he didn’t attempt to reach out to Burton to hear how he thought of his decision.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  18. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,006
    He is such a whiner. He is hiding behind the "It's a column, I can say what I want." Then, he says his supervisors are unhappy with any negative blowback they have gotten with regard to Butler, and that it isn't worth the headache. He obviously can't see the fact that he's the one causing the blowback. He just needs to go away. It is definitely not coverage that the university needs.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  19. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,224
    We should be grateful? Give me a f'ing break with that noise.

Sounds like a bitter man who realizes his job is becoming extinct.

20. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,784
    The inevitable outcome of a halfwit writing a "Think Piece".