Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Irishdawg, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Keep in mind that this thread is for players that may transfer INTO Butler. Obviously the list of possible candidates is going to grow/shrink over the next couple of months, but I figured we could probably discuss who we think the most likely candidates are and why for the time being.

http://blogs.indystar.com/butler/2013/04/04/butler-willing-to-accept-transfer/

2. But61ler

But61ler Member

Money:
    $44
    Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein)
    4/3/13, 5:19 PM
    George Washington announces Lasan Kromah will transfer. Already graduated. Eligible to play immediately. Averaged 10.1 PPG last season.

3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $306
    This would be your Yahtzee -- http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61733/tony-parker

This would be the best realistic option -- http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/45774/seth-vandeest

(Have no idea why DW is talking about Ellis, that makes no sense whatsoever)

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,265
    According to Parrish, Pastner told Tarik Black to let him know by Tuesday of next week if he plans on leaving. If he does, I say we have to kick the tires on him.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,296
    I'll take a pass on both.

6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Here's a pretty good listing...for now

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22007798/2013-transfer-list-first-edition[hr]
    And honestly after looking at that list, I didn't see anyone that made me think, yeah, we could use that guy for a year.

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    This one interests me if the coaches thought our frontline could get by in 13-14. Kromah scored in double figures in 12 of 17 A10 games. He's 6'5 and 207 lbs. Solid. Would be able to match up athletically with just about anyone. He's not a three pointer shooter. At all. But he can score. Can play defense without fouling also as he did not foul out of one game all year for GW. And we saw how aggressive GW was on D when we played them. Kromah would give us real insurance at the wing next season, especially if Brown isn't ready yet. A wing rotation of Jones/Dunham and Kromah appeals to me.

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,445
    Just from the other thread, Butler wouldn't be looking at Jake Thomas. One, we are now in the same conference. Two, we don't need him.

But, it is interesting to note that one of the 4 schools he is looking at is South Alabama.

9. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,296
    I probably should'nt have said "pass" on Parker as much as I don't think we should invest time in a prospect who is very unlikely. From what I've read, he's either staying at UCLA or transferring closer to home (Georgia). Some other red flags were ongoing injuries last season (though not the same one recurring) and what appears to be some immaturity, which I suppose you could chalk up to being a freshman far from home. Butler transfers in the past (iirc) had proven themselves ready to contribute. Parker showed none of that last season, esp. considering he was a McD All American. Just a feeling he won't reach his potential. I obviously could be wrong, though.

10. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    I am intrigued as to why RJ Mahurin left Indiana State for Ind Wesleyan. He was solid last year for ISU and at 6'9" with his range and pedigree, I would have assumed he could have done better.
    [/i]

11. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,862
    Wants to play with his brother, Lane, his last year of college. They've never had the opportunity to play together but Lane is a Freshman and RJ will be a 5th year Sr.

12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $306
    @GoodmanCBS UNLV's Mike Moser likely transferring to Washington, will graduate, able to play next year, sources told CBSSports

-------------------
    Well, Washington made themselves better.

13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    4 days after deciding to transfer from NC State, Rodney Purvis has committed to UCONN...

Calhoun may be gone but UCONN's shady recruiting continues...

14. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,824
    How is Purvis going to UCONN shady? I have not seen anything questionable, yet.

15. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    @SethDavisHoops I am absolutely shocked by Rodney Purvis' decision to transfer. He'd rather sit out a year than start from day one? Smh.

4 days. 4 days after he announces he transferring, he commits to UCONN. You honestly think someone wasn't in his ear while he was still playing???

As much as my NCSU friends don't like Purvis's style of play and the fact he's immature, they were still surprised he decided to transfer. Oh btw he's also from Raleigh, NC

16. Jon in NC

Jon in NC New Member

Money:
    $5
    And he also had been demoted from starter to coming off the bench. He started the first 20 or so games. Although he probably needed it, some kids can't handle that kind of ego hit.

I'm less surprised that he transferred, given his temperament, Gottfried's history of running players off, and the demotion, than I am that he chose a new school as quickly as he did.

17. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    There was a report that Kevin Ollie began following him on Twitter a while back and a Wolfback fan called him out insinuating possible tampering art which point Ollie "unfollowed" him. Obviously this is coming from Wolfpack nation so sprinkle with appropriate amount of caution

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,265
    Tarik Black had a presser today to announce he's graduating and indeed transferring from Memphis.

Dude is uber talented and just needs better leadership in his life. Whoever gets him, it will be a good get. He and Pastner just never got along and this year was a train wreck for him.

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Gary Parrish ?@GaryParrishCBS 59m
    Tarik Black is getting clowned, and most of it's fair. But he's in demand. I had coaches of two top-10 schools ask for his number this AM.

20. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,296
    Tony Parker has decided to stay with UCLA.

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-basketball/tony-parker-staying-ucla/182867

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.