Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by Irishdawg, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,404
    It would be high-low city.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    [tweet]737341708434853889[/tweet]

3. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Jordan Matthews of Cal is graduating and moving on....wouldn't mind having him around. Zags are the leaders there it appears.

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,500
    It's been noted in another thread, but Butler has reached out to Malik Newman. Was a top 10 player out of high school, shot the three pretty well this past season and can run the point some. Physical combo guard.

Not likely it matters though: he was close to going to Kansas out of high school, and they are again interested. A visit to Lawrence is already in the works.

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,386
    IF he wants to continue his college career, which is not what the talking heads are saying down this way, then there will be a line of big named teams lining up. I applaud the staff for reaching out, but, you got to think if someone like Kansas offers and convinces him to sit a year, play a year, then go pro...not much of a chance for us or anyone else.

This is only what I've heard, and it's nothing in stone, just saying what people like Parrish and reporters in Mississippi are saying-he doesn't want to sit a year. He may could latch on in the D league, overseas, or head to a JUCO. Let's pretend those opinions/reports are correct...and this kid really does think he's big time, it's going to take a Kansas, a Kentucky, a UNC type to convince him to sit. I love love love that we'd shoot for the moon like this, but, we ain't there yet.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,500
    Andrew White, wing at Nebraska, is transferring. He's eligible immediately. Terrific player. Would be a total game changer.

No idea if we have any connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,294
    Well there's Michael Lewis, if that counts.

8. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,352
    I'm guessing he goes to an elite program, but if I was Holtmann I'd definitely make the call. Sell him on a good, veteran frontcourt that just lost its scoring from the backcourt and has a pass 1st PG that will get him shots. Butler could become a Big East and national title contender with the addition of a player like that. I almost guarantee he's not coming, but he'd really be a great fit on this roster.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,856
    [tweet]758778479479369728[/tweet]

Top 100 PG in high school

10. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    [tweet]768474777174568960[/tweet]

What an excellent name!

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,500
    Extremely late in the game, but he's an elite three point shooter, decent distributor, and does not turn it over. If feasible on such short notice, it's well worth inquiring from our standpoint, no?

12. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    Only if we land Maple Syrup Simmons from Oregon State.

13. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $195
    Maple Syrup Simmons is not coming back for his last year of eligibility per my sources........word is he is "tapped-out"

14. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $641
    Nicely played.

15. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    The resins are unclear, but it seems his love of the game has been sapped. Not a syrup-titious end to a career.

16. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,819
    I Hop we land both.

wazthree likes this.
  17. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,103
    Hope it doesn't turn out to be a "sticky" situation...

18. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    The resins are unclear, but it seems his love of the game has been sapped. Not a syrup-titious end to a career.

19. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,819
    You just repeated your own post. Okay this is over...................................Thank God.................

20. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $822
    Peyton Allen left Wichita State...did we take a run at him a few years back?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.