Trayce Jackson-Davis - 2019 Forward (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Feb 5, 2016.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,141
    My point was kinda that we weren’t beaten out...we took ourselves out of the running over a year ago. Possibly a shot with old staff, but BU was not going to be a serious contender.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    He is a really good player but lacks fluid motion. Seems to play a little robotic and rigid IMO.

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Yeah I was just sort of taking this down a bit of a side road... other than open scholarships (fluid year to year) and I guess a practice facility, Iowa has nothing on Butler, so I hope Butler never loses out on a recruit to them.

4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $374
    Speaking of that, I still wish Butler recruited Jack Nunge a little bit more. Bryce Golden or Nze probably wouldn't be here if we did but he is a solid 4 year rotation guy for Iowa.

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    I think the reason why Butler's seen a shift in the recruiting footprint is because of the Big East. For some kids in the Midwest, the Big Ten will always be king of college sports, so Butler may not have a legit shot with those guys, but there are also guys out East who want to be away from home, but still be able to get back close enough for their friends and families to watch. I know David Woods always focuses on "Indiana kids", but right now Butler has 6 Midwest kids on scholarship (Nze, Baddley, McDermott, Hastings, Brunk, Fowler), 5 guys from a Big East footprint (Tucker, Thompson, Jorgensen, David and Golden), and then a couple of guys (Baldwin, JGB) who fall outside of both of those footprints.

Like you, I'd be surprised if TJD and Brooks ended up anywhere but IU.

NCJon likes this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
    Calling MSU for no other reason that Bloomington is too close to Center Grove. Mom could drop in at any moment (and no college kid wants that lol). Pack your bags & go where you'll get the 5 star recruit NBA attention Izzo brings to the table.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    My general feeling on Nunge is the past staff viewed him as a little too soft.

8. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    Is that the one where you come back for a second year and your stock drops, or is it the one where even as a five star you end up playing four years?

bumba likes this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
    Jackson & Bridges were underclassmen at MSU about four months ago. Today they're NBA first round millionaires.

10. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $374
    I just want to say this. Five stars stay with Izzo because they enjoy playing there. Miles grown up playing with that whole team and wanted to be an MSU legacy. Jackson was going to stay until he found out he was a top 5 pick.

But even as a Sparty fan, I would be hesitant to go to MSU if I was a five star player. Izzo is a phenomenal coach but he plays old school ball and doesn’t care if you’re a five star or two, he is going to play for matchups. Jackson and ward played 15 mins both against Syracuse when a bench player played 26 something minutes because izzo thought he was better at the zone.

Izzo doesn’t necessary play his stars. Zach Randolph hardly played as well. But he will develop you.

Bottom line, TJD doesn’t need to go to State to make millions. No matter where he goes, he will get basically the same amount of money and the time frame should be the same. I do think K. Brooks would benefit going to MSU even if he is there for a “few” years like mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Makes sense now why Crean didn't seem to have a game plan against the zone since he's part of the Izzo coaching tree. I think Izzo's a great motivator and recruiter, but tactically I can't figure out if he's good or bad. I think in the past I would have said he was good based on some of his teams that made the Final 4, but recently he's been bad considering the amount of talent he has on his teams and when they're getting knocked out in the tourney. I do have to remind my wife (who's a big MSU fan), that the tournament is a crapshoot, and though this is the longest streak without a Sweet 16 since Izzo's been at the helm, I'd still love to have those (on the court) problems as a Butler fan.

Personally, I'd rather see guys like Brooks and TJD stay in state, even though they'll never wind up at Butler.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
    lol

13. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $374
    That Jack Wang guy has been in fights with Armaan Franklins mom and now TDJ. Someone just needs to ban that account from twitter or something.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472

Iowa?

15. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $374
    Iowa MSU or IU. Has friends at those schools too. So who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $431
    IU... huge gap...All others. TJD is so vocal in public that he isn’t a lock, is open to be recruited, etc because a lot of schools stopped recruiting him all together because they didn’t think it was worth it.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  17. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,141
    If it’s IU...huge gap...others...then why the parade/charade of OV’s then? Just make the call.

18. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $431
    Kid wants to go through the process. Is it 100% - obviously not, but he has been a heavy IU lean for a while. Look at some articles from the national recruiting guys at both Rivals and 247. All of them are saying the same thing.

For example - there was an article written about by one of the schools he recently visited (either UCLA or Iowa) and beat writer for that school made a crystal ball pick immediately after for IU.

19. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,141
    I’m not saying it isn’t IU by a mile. And I understand the liking the attention thing. It’s just if it’s much of a slam dunk stop jacking around your future coaching staff and commit already. A little too much “look at me” in this one, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $374
    IU is the clear favorite. Butler is the clear favorite for Zeb as he was going to commit but then he wanted to wait.

You can't compare situations but you have to be still worried if you're IU and Butler. A visit to another school or another opportunity can change everything.