Trayce Jackson-Davis - 2019 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Feb 5, 2016.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,531
    Only time you can get people around Indiana to say the Big Ten is down as a conference is when their least favorite B10 team is doing well, i.e. IU fans this year about Purdue. BE needs to have more than Nova go deep in the tournament consistently before B1o fans give the conference its due.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,014
    I understand. The BIG will always be viewed by fans in the Midwest over every conference in the country save the ACC. Similarly the west coast folks think the sun rises on UCLA. I have always been fine with Butler going elsewhere for recruits. I don't see the need to cater to Indiana kids that feel Butler isn't good enough. But I'll stick with believing there is no kid "too good" to play for Butler. None "blowup over Butler's head" except in their own head. If they think that then I don't want them nor should LJ care. If that is how Trayce feels then he needs to go to Indiana if that is the school that represents the " the glory years of Hoosier basketball".

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,996
    I think I understand both sides here and that the original statement about TJD blowing up over Butler’s head was actually meant not that he’s too good, but that his ranking blowing up indicates that he may be out of reach for the program given the lack of success of landing such highly rated recruits.

Not sure anyone thinks a player is too good to play at Butler, but moreso past history likely dictaytes it will not happen. It will take time for this to happen, as Jared alluded to. I am okay with this. It took time at Nova, who has been in a power conference for a long time now. Give the staff some runway and keep it intact and it will start to occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,645
    From the second hand info I heard well over a year ago, TJD was never truly interested in BU. I had hoped it was not true and had no way to verify it was fact, but as time went on, the writing was on the wall. I am much more concerned with players that have interest in attending BU that those who are not. Evidently the coaching staff feels the same way.

theenforcer13 likes this.
  5. Red1972

Red1972 Active Member

Money:
    $475
    Just move on! He will wind up at Purdue or IU.

6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,014
    I'm with you 100%. If a kid thinks he is above Butler then I don't want him. If Marquette, Vandy and Creighton can get a five star we will. On the other hand I don't ever want to see us be a part of a media circus like what just happened with Romeo Langford.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,044
    Just to be clear, Trayce never said anything about being too good for Butler. He’s been nothing but respectful and complimentary towards Butler since I first reached out to him a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $173
    I'm the first to point out to friends of "look at me" universities when players casually choose Butler, BUT, if the next Romeo wants to do the Damon Bailey thing, and CHOOSES Butler, I'm sure I'll be stoked. Obviously, I want high character student-athletes, and I believe 17-18 year old kids showcasing their choice and being Butler Kids is not mutually exclusive.
    Butler being part of a media circus?!? I mean Trip is a media circus wherever he goes and is probably one of the most recognizable Butler figures nationally. I'm cool with it. My kids love it and they are more enamored with going to Butler because of it.
    If Romeo is good in the classroom, good with his teammates and a good citizen, I don't care if he chooses to bring some hype and hysteria to a program he wants to represent.

shoeevv likes this.
  9. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,242
    I know it will be a tough pill for some of our more grizzled bulldog-backers to swallow, but WE are the reason there is a media frenzy surrounding elite basketball recruits. Romeo didn't ask for a gaggle of middle-aged men wearing their finest LogoAthletic IU gear to follow him around the state and hound him after games for autographs. Romeo doesn't go home and log in to alternate twitter accounts and beg himself to join various programs, like this poor sap:

Romeo doesn't spend all of his free time on an online message board obsessing over the 2020 recruiting class. Romeo doesn't spend thousands of dollars on season tickets. Romeo doesn't pay for a subscription to scout recruiting services. Romeo didn't dedicate a basketball court in his hometown to himself. Romeo doesn't look at airport flight trackers to stay abreast of the coaching carousel.

But WE do all of those things. Romeo made his decision public because WE linger over every crossover, every interview, every tweet, every twitter follow. WE took time out of our busy lives to dress up in costume and sit in a gym while a player we've never met made a decision to play basketball, likely for a single year, at a school we maybe attended a decade or two ago.

We didn't just create the monster. We are the monster.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,014
    And he played it

11. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Member

Money:
    $130
    If you build it, he will come.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,727
  13. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $683

Final 6

Purdue, Iowa, Michigan st, IU, UCLA, wake forest

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,409
    [​IMG]
    Well at least all the time watching him wasn't wasted bc he plays on the same team as JMM, but still another one to the archives

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,531
    I don’t think he’s been “watched” by BU since Holt & Co left. And that’s no slam on the staff, it’s them being efficient and realistic.

bumba and SpartanDawgs like this.
  16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,645
    Agreed and realistically he may stay in school for 2 yrs.

17. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,462
    At the same time, there’s really no scenario under which Iowa should EVER be beating out Butler for a recruit. Even on a Top X list.

What do they offer that Butler can’t? Arena... no. Coaching... no. Success... LOL (last in a bad conference last year). Tradition... wake me up when they make... not a final 4... but the second weekend. Location...no.

Is there anything - other than major conference football (where they are mediocre) - that Iowa has over Butler?

18. NateDog

NateDog Active Member

Money:
    $300
    Basketball practice facility

19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $832
    Available scholarships for 2019?

BHayden, fdr, huss587 and 1 other person like this.
  20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $382
    I'd be shocked if this kid didn't go to IU.