Trevor Anderson - 2016 Point Guard (Wisconsin Green Bay)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Irishdawg, Apr 19, 2015.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,120
  2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,989
    Looks like a system PG that would thrive at Butler. His shot is deliberate, but has a nice high release. Would be more than happy to see him in a Butler uniform And it'd be a nice start for the '16 class. I think he would really benefit from playing with Lewis for a year.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,018
    Go look at Xavier Simpsons form. Makes Ron Nored's and Rose Jones' look good.

4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,018
  5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 Apr 4
    Trevor Anderson and Sam Hauser are putting on a show. Duo is a killer!! Score it in a variety of ways and tough as all get out!

---------

HS teammates/AAU teammates. Have they stated if they want to play together in College?

Sam Medo ‏@sammedo14 Mar 26
    It's like I'm watching Sam Hauser, I mean Dekker out here

------

BTW both Anderson and Hauser will be up at Spiece in Fort Wayne this weekend. If Hauser is anything like Dekker, you have to think taking a package deal of Hauser and Anderson is brilliant business. Can Butler get Hauser on campus too?

--------------------

Correction: Anderson is not up at Spiece this weekend. His AAU team has the weekend off. They will be at Louisville Jul 21-26 for the Nationals.

http://www.wisconsinacademybasketball.com/page/show/765883-17u-kostroski-2014-

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,018
    That explains his unofficial visit to Butler this weekend! Hope he loves it!

7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,285
    Sam also has a younger brother Joey (2018) that sounds like will be just as good if not better.

8. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Member

Money:
    $136
    Anyone heard any updates about the visit today if it happened?

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,797
    Anyone...? Bueller...?

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,018
    All I know is he visited.

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,120
  12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,018
  13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  14. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Member

Money:
    $136
    Uh-oh. We better offer him soon if we want him. Wisconsin's probably one of the best and most respected programs around. Based on what I've seen, I really like his game and wish we offered him on his visit last Sunday. Hopefully we'll offer him soon.

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,065
    I've been saying it... This kid is a textbook Wisconsin player. Reminds me a lot of Jason Bohannon.

16. curious

curious Member

Money:
    $8
    see. the way this was handled is a joke. now Trevor will probably wait out wisconsin and who can blame him. he has no reason for loyalty as Butler has identified about 17 point guard prospects they want more.

BU...the whole program...needs to recognize they will never be UK or Ohio State etc, but that they can win a championship with what they've been doing

the Butler Way should really dictate the viewpoint that a bird in hand is worth 17 offers to one and dones in the bush.

another thing about Anderson. he strikes me as the only one in the group who would be content sitting and learning his first year' with Lewis entrenched, Savage saying he really wants to play some point, and Gordon (i think) being the best shot of a breakthrough recruit for Butler, i think this is important

17. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    So people wanted Butler to be more aggressive with offers, and now Butler is being too aggressive?

Anderson is a great player, but there are better prospects out there that Butler thinks they have a realistic shot at landing. This is the business of building a successful basketball team. Does it turn off kids and make some angry in the process? Absolutely, but the bigger picture is what is important.

Anderson still may very well receive an offer from Butler, but just because he is a kid that might be patient doesn't me he should be prioritized over another kid who will ultimately buy-in just as much once the dust around their recruitment settles.

18. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,285
    How was it handled? Do you have some more information than the rest of us?

19. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,989
    This is utterly ridiculous. So let's pretend Butler offered nobody except Anderson. Told him he was the chosen one, the savior, the embodiment of everything that has made Butler great . . . and then Wisconsin strolls in and "hey, want to come play for us"? . . .

What changes? Butler still fails to land Anderson and has offered nobody else. Like you said . . . we will never be UK or OSU. We can't just have any recruit we want. We HAVE to develop as many good relationshipships as possible because some of these recruits will be lost to atrition.

Bird in the hand? You act as if Anderson was just begging to give us a verbal. Haven't seen anything to make me believe that's the case. If you have some sort of top secret clearance to Basketball Operations, please share your insight!

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  20. curious

curious Member

Money:
    $8
    well, sarcasm doesn't negate what i'm saying. and i have freely admitted some of what i am saying is speculative. so just save your breath, but i will address what points you attemted to make that weren't simply homer rhetoric.

1) i didn't say they should offer only anderson, just to not sit on their hands indefinitely waiting on point guards who aren't much higher regarded. as for his chances of committing if offered last weekend, go find the quote about him waiting for an offer (enforcer maybe)
    2)lots of kids would honor a commitment, so your first point is even more speculative. you won't beat wisconsin for him if you never offer, will you?

i gotta throw in - that comment about how "what if we offer only anderson" is unbelievable. you are using the technique of saying something idiotic, then pretending i said it when you are the one that said it.

i know you mean well, but just skip my posts. it is not my intent to make someone read things that they find utterly ridiculous. at the same time, i need respondents with a better readin comprehension, a better analytic ability etc to be able to counter my actual points rather than misattribute quotes and assasinate character

3) i don't know he was begging to give a verbal. i know he visited. i know the quote i read, and i know he had mid major offers that belied his status on the rivals 150 list. butler is appealing to some overachiever types. it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to verbal

it's so funny that you think every kid would renege on their commitment just because their dream school offered

usually people automatically attribute low character to others when they themselves lack it.

i'm not saying you lack it. i really have no idea

lastly. people on here speculate how things will go down or went down all the time. guys on here have imaginative scenarios way after the fact that butler "stopped" recruiting some player who had either turned them down or was never going to commit. these same guys have never been dumped by a girl etc.

i am guessing. but because i am guessing a scenario where i don't like the staff's decision if it is accurate, then the goose-stepping, flip-flopping homers come out of the woodwork.

i may be wrong, but it's a perfectly good guess based on the info we have

top secret clearance. why don't you counter my actual argument rather than write script for me and then say it's dumb