Trey Galloway - 2020 Shooting Guard (Indiana)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by the_speakers_lab, Dec 10, 2017.

1. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $456
  2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Long ways to go, but hopefully it stays that way. I think Galloway's shot looks a little mechanical, but it seems to work for him. Good size, good athlete and looks like he does a little bit of everything on the court. Would be really excited if they managed to snag one of the top prospects in the state.

3. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    Galloway, Leal, etc tip off at 345 for the adidas summer championship versus D1 Minnesota featuring another Butler offer Dawson Garcia. Link to watch below.

http://adidasgauntlet.com/livestream/

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
  6. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    I met Trey's dad a week ago. He's the admissions director for Culver and was visiting my school to talk to prospective students. True to Indiana form, we knew at least 10 people in common, including several BU people.

ButlerNut likes this.
  7. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,663
    And ......???? What is his interest in Butler?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    His dad seemed enthusiastic about the offer.

WestLoopDog likes this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463

BU, Purdue, Michigan State, Iowa, Nebraska.

UV to Purdue for Michigan State game tomorrow.

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
  12. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $280
    This is a kid that I really like. I have got to watch him quite a bit this year. Not going to blow u away when he walks on the floor, but when the ball is tipped he takes over. Very rarely can a kid his age control a game even when he doesn’t have the ball in his hand. He’s a great leader, and doesn’t need the ball to be a factor. Typical coaches kid that plays the game hard and seems to always be in the correct position. Problem is, pretty sure him and dad will be a combo deal.

13. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $724
    He’s solid, but I’m not sure that he’s not peaked Do you think he’s athletic enough to stand out in the Big East?

14. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $280
    I definitely think have more athletic scorers on the recruiting list than Trey will be, but he makes up for that with his B-ball IQ. Maybe after this year I am just overly conscious of that, lol.
    I hate comparing players because no two are the same, but trey reminds me of Gordon Hayward. Now, not 2019 hayward, but 2006 Hayward.
    I am also not a guy that really cares about “the Butler way” because it doesn’t matter unless ur winning with. Saying that I think this kid is a team guy.

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    Don't really get the Hayward comp. Hayward really was not a great shooter in his time at Butler outside of the final weeks of the tournament. Trey is a fantastic shooter, it's his number one skill.

16. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    The last Hayward...[​IMG]

Army Dawg!!! likes this.
  17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,762
    Gotta admit, I chuckled.

18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,165
    That's pretty funny, another of Butler's dud recruits coming off two final four appearances. You just got to laugh.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,463
  20. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $431
    Will be interesting to see how he does the coming weeks and who offers. Galloway shot a really bad (like less than 30%) percentage from deep during the high school season. It sounds like he had a very nice weekend, but at the same time the competition this weekend isn’t what it will be at later events. No coaches watching either when he had something like 28 in a win.