Tucker has left the building

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,655
    Is there a difference between edible and eligible other than mere spelling, usage and definition?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    MIBulldog, Shimmy, BURph92 and 3 others like this.
  2. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $816
    Link below has complete list of 2020 Draft-early eligibles sorted by Draft projection. Unsurprisingly, Tucker is amongst the long list of those projected to go undrafted.

Big East has only two 1st Round projections that I saw: Bey (Lottery) and Reed (1st Rd). I was surprised to see Reed ranked so high, but on further thought, he really does have a lot of skills that will translate at next level. Also a testament to how bad a coach Leitao is -- I have no idea how he was able secure an extension.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...-anthony-immanuel-quickley-make-declarations/

Shimmy, chc3, BoyGeoff and 2 others like this.
  3. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,090
    Any recruits who happen to come and read this board would have to be very concerned about their potential edibility.

4. brian35

brian35 Active Member

Money:
    $51
    I agree with the general thought that Tucker is not coming back. However, as I said in an earlier post, I assume that he wants to play basketball in the coming season. If so, where does he play if not Butler? He isn't going to the NBA or the G-League. If he hopes to play in a foreign league, he is going to miss out on several showcase events like the Portsmouth Invitational and the NBA Summer League where scouts attend these events looking for roster additions. Someone suggested in a recent post that he has the option of transferring to another school. He is not eligible to be a grad transfer. He could if the sit one rule is waived. That is a possibility although it remains just speculation at this point. If the sit one rule is waived, are players with a prior transfer excluded? Let's say that he can transfer and become immediately eligible. Where is that Top 50 team in need of starting small forward who will put him in a prominent role from day one and give him the potential exposure that helps him with his stated goal of playing in the NBA? Well, there is such a team. JT doesn't have to transfer to get there.

I'd like to see him come back. He made progress this year and most of it was between his ears. If JT comes back for a final season, it's a win for the program and a win for him.

Brett, MadDawg2020 and dawg767 like this.
  5. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Active Member

Money:
    $351
    I think having to sit one year before becoming edible would be terrifying. I'd much prefer being immediately edible and getting it over with.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,259
  7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,655
    If Butler finds another transfer in the meantime Tucker may have nowhere to go.

8. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,484
    I wonder if the draft being pushed affects Tucker’s choice. I’m not saying it will but if it does I think it would make him want to come back more than the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,661
    The Draft is on the back burner for the NBA right now, but it being moved back was an obvious move... IMO it should permanently be held in August... now that the NBA has allowed teams to use their practice facilities, I think they will start doing individual draft workouts in June/July... assuming Tucker gets invited to some of these, he'll get the feedback he needs...

From the NCAA point of view, you would think they would make a Covid-19 exception about the requirement for athletes to be on scholarship starting in July, but who knows given how poorly that organization is run

10. dawg767

Money:
    $816
    Thanks for posting. Just saw this on ESPN ticker. Not a great surprise obviously. And of absolutely no relevance to Tucker, who doesn't have a rat's ass chance in hell of being invited to NBA Combine.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $668
    JT just made it official on Twitter. He’s keeping his name in the draft. He will forego his final year of eligibility.

El Conquistador and dawg767 like this.
  12. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,484
    G league here we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,948
    No shock for anyone that knew anything about him, glad he improved greatly this year especially on defense and wish him luck. But college just isn't for him and his lifestyle

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerBoyz likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,655
    Lordy. Good luck

15. dawg767

Money:
    $816
    Well, I'm sure NBA Front Offices are all stirred up and exuberant with this announcement.

SnoopDawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  16. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,711
    What a waste, he never did it. That's what happens when you deal with players who are entitled. Good riddance!

17. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,541
  18. coach roastbeef

coach roastbeef Member

Money:
    $44
    thank you, next

19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $282
    Not going to hate on the kid for pursuing life after Butler. That said, while the team would certainly be better with him, I still think this group will be plenty interesting to watch, and gives the young guys even more of an opportunity to play.

bwesson15, SnoopDawg, BNiche and 3 others like this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,655
    Agree with you Irishdawg. I’m not throwing in the towel over Tucker’s decision. If we find a quality immediately eligible wing then great but if not the youngsters will grow up quicker.

Tucker made the decision that was right for him. However I can only imagine how good he could have been had he had Sean’s or KB’s drive.

dawg767 and 2xDawg like this.