Tucker has left the building

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 26, 2020.

1. El Conquistador

El Conquistador Member

Money:
    $53
    That guy has -0- chance to get drafted. Zero. There *may* be a spot on a G-League roster for him, but he really needed to be a star for a year. Who is in his ear telling him this is a good idea?

I have spoken.
    (Hello, NSA)

2. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $130
    Considering time value of money, I will never get mad at a kid leaving early to go make money. I wish J Tuck the best of luck with his career! Go Dawgs

3. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,465

Hang it up, Ari.

4. coach roastbeef

coach roastbeef Member

Money:
    $44
    good luck JT! i'm sure you will be successful

5. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $511
    First off, I wish Jordan Tucker the very best in his next phase of life whether that be G-League, Euro-League or modeling. My only lament is that this decisions seems sub-optimal for player and Butler. Tucker will not be drafted into the NBA and there is no guarantee that either the G-League or Euro-League will play this Autumn. Equally doubtful is an NBA Summer League where he could demonstrate ability when not drafted. Breaking into athletic modeling seems equally problematic in the current economic environment. Seems to me a good mentor would have pulled the young man aside and indicated he can peruse his dream in 21 when the conditions would be much improved for a successful pursuit of either professional play or modeling. Stay at Butler in 20/21, play if there is an NCAA Basketball season and finish your degree on Butler's dime. That degree might be important if he pursues modeling or business in athletic attire or agency. This entire Tucker watch has been rather absurd....

bwesson15, BNiche, Albick and 4 others like this.
  6. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,486
    Very well said

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,878
    Probably means zilch but I paused on this retweet by Vall:

A coach can only drive you as far as you are willing to be driven. The great ones are always up for a long ride.

8. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,210
    Thanks for your time and good luck moving forward.

9. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $157

And I think that closes that chapter. On to the next one - best of luck, Jordan.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  10. bwesson15

bwesson15 Well-Known Member

Don't really get the hate for him he made his choice and we should support him and wish him the best.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

firedupkaren, tlp63, 2xDawg and 6 others like this.
  11. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $816
    You guys are just so nice. I assume most of you are from Indiana. I was taken aback at the geniality of Indiana folks when I came on campus from Chicago as a scholarship athlete in the 80's.

That said, I don't understand this respect and good wishes for JT. We're talking about someone who spent all of 3 semesters on campus and was at best a replacement level College player with NBA delusions. I promise everyone Scoob will make everyone forget JT in a heartbeat.

I wish JT neither the worst or the best -- but to accord him the same respect as recent players who have given everything to the Program and Butler Way like Kamar, Sean and Kelan makes absolutely no sense to me.

JT is antithetical to the Butler Way and has been since he arrived.

And Indiana folks are the friendliest I've met in my life.

This is my last JT post.

Hopefully his height will not negatively impact his modeling career. . .

El Conquistador and estar20dawg like this.
  12. coach roastbeef

coach roastbeef Member

Money:
    $44
    wow chicago people dont seem that friendly!

2xDawg likes this.
  13. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,430
    "Wishing somebody the best" in an online forum is, shall we say, a pretty low bar to clear, and there's certainly a difference in how the entirety of this board views Jordan Tucker's contributions to Butler versus Kamar Baldwin's and Sean McDermott's.
    --A Current Chicagoan Who Grew Up in Indiana

14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,757
    You are an idiot if you think that wishing JT success and being happy he played at Butler is a bad thing. And it is possible to appreciate his time at Butler and not think his contribution was the same as Sean, Kamar, Kelan. Don’t live your life in extremes, it really isn’t a great way to live. And where people live has nothing to do with this. Maybe a lot of people on here are genuinely nice people who know how to get along in society and appreciate things.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $393
    So after watching the Tucker debate I will weigh-in. Judging on team success as I do for each player. He was a key cog that got a team predicted 8th in the Big East to fifth and a 22-9 record with at worst a 6 seed in NCAA tourney and possibly as good as 3 seed if conference tournament had taken place.

Count me as glad he chose Butler to call home for 2 1/2 years and that in one of his 1.5 Active Seasons he was part of a team that would have received what I believe would’ve been Butler’s 2nd best NCAA tournament seed.

One last parting shot not at Jordan Tucker but kind of at Cloverdale’s Cooper Neese. Jordan Tucker 1.5 years is Greater than Cooper Neese for 4 years.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,259
    Agree, I think the challenge facing this year's NBA draft class is there was no March Madness. That's the biggest hype machine there is for the draft. Let's be real - Hayward never gets close to the first round (let alone inside the top ten picks) if the Dawgs don't get hot in 2010.

El Conquistador and Insane Dawg like this.
  17. El Conquistador

El Conquistador Member

Money:
    $53
    Agree. He was a bad fit, was poorly advised, and has made a grave error. Whatever: he didn’t play much D.

I have spoken.
    (Hello, NSA)

18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,711
    Cooper Neese, wow has done zilch at ISU.

19. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,465
    Definitely a shame. I thought it was a match made in heaven for both Neese and ISU.

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,135
    Hey @dawgs2014 go tell Jordan that he's wrong for asking people to protest safely and without violence.

willisbrown likes this.