Tucker has left the building

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 26, 2020.

1. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,110
    Isn't his father an agent? Or, maybe was an agent?

BoyGeoff, godogs91 and Insane Dawg like this.
  2. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $610
    No way he makes the NBA. He just isn’t that good. He will end up going somewhere in Europe. Kid just doesn’t want to play college ball and his game showed.

Good luck to him and anyone who goes to try and make money.

He wasn’t going to get any better here anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $836
    Let's not kid ourselves here: there is no way JT is currently even remotely close to being G-League quality player.

That said, he will be a far bigger immediate 2021 loss than Battle.

In Lavall we trust, I guess -- at least from a recruiting standpoint. He's going to earn his pay in the next month or two.

4. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,859
    I'm not in the business of trashing kids. With that said, Butler is better off. Truly believe that. We'll be a better team next season without Tucker and I think we would've been better without him his entire career.

ButlerHoopsFan likes this.
  5. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,513
    What? Why exactly are we criticizing this young man's decision? I'm pretty sure he has a reasonable expectation that he will not be drafted.

How many of you that are being critical of Tucker right now were critical of Brunk leaving last April?

bwesson15, BoyGeoff and jkcdawgs like this.
  6. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $581
    Kept telling myself he was gonna leave so I wouldn't be let down when he did. Somehow I still am.

Regardless of the emotions on this board at the moment, this one hurts big time for next year.

bwesson15, KCbufan21 and willisbrown like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,828
    Who would want to play in Europe now?

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,828
    Isn’t his father an agent?

9. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $836
    Seriously? If so, this explains alot.

10. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,110
    Just checked, Lewis Tucker runs the Park Agency in Atlanta, a sports marketing and branding agency.

dawg767 likes this.
  11. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $424
    Remember that NCAA commercial - "There's over 400K student athletes, and just about all of us will be going pro in something other than sports."
    I'm sure Mr. Tucker will really exceed at his intern at Universal Music Group

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,828
    Didn’t he become the sixth man when Christian David went down?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  13. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Active Member

Money:
    $247
    Amazing you can be a 6th man at Butler and also test the NBA draft . That takes some serious balls

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,512
    Don't envy LaVall Jordan right now in this instance.

Went into the offseason with Battle and Tucker as his projected shooting guard and small forward. Now has neither.

Pressure is going to be on for Butler to land some grad transfers who can score.

Rest of the starting lineup: senior point guard Aaron Thompson, senior Bryce Nze, and junior Bryce Golden is an experienced group.

Just not sure where the scoring is going to come from next year right now though.

Brett likes this.
  15. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $610
    Easy! Baldwin and Sean granted another year!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

thevinrod, Dewars12 and Insane Dawg like this.
  16. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $619
    Here’s my problem with most of ur comments. If for some reason this kid makes it in the NBA and does well, everyone one of u will be screaming from the mountain top that he was a “Butler guy”.
    I get not liking his attitude, but can’t we just wish him luck and move on?
    Two open spots, let’s get two guys ready to step in right away and contribute until these incoming freshman are ready to shine.

17. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,038
    +1000

bwesson15, BulldogsFTW and tlp63 like this.
  18. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,171
    He can still come back if he doesn't hire an agent. This is a great opportunity to get feedback to see what he needs to do to improve.
    I am not saying he will come back, but the door is still open. I personally appreciate that he posted his intention of going through the draft process.

I really have to question those that are saying bad things about his character and how we will be better off without him. I can only imaging how rude some of you would be if you found out he entered the draft process without making an announcement. Some of you represent everything except "The Butler Way" when you post on this board.

I hope Tucker has some great workouts and gets the feedback he needs to eventually go pro. If he comes back to Butler, I will welcome him back with open arms.

Go Dawgs!

Denverdawg, bwesson15, Brett and 6 others like this.
  19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,109
    I'll tell you what I won't miss...that behind the back dribble into a turnover and a dunk on the other end every time...

I know, I know be kind...I wish him luck, just really don't think it was ever going to be a good fit for him. I just don't see a high level basketball player in him, one that requires the type of dedication and work to really focus and improve all areas.

20. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,512
    Yeah, I don't think we need to trash him out the door.

He made a decision--even if it ends up being a poor one. But was a solid player for the program.

That being said, he has some work to do regarding ball handling, finishing at the rim, and overall consistency shooting to be an NBA pro.

Maybe he knows that going in. However, a pro career in Europe is certainly in the cards.

Brett, BoyGeoff and tlp63 like this.