Tucker has left the building

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 26, 2020.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,065
    I mean literally there are 7 guys on next year's team. Sorry but that is just the case. Out of that 4 are freshmen. So that's tough.

Grad transfers will pop up some more but we need a 2 and 3 that can help right away and groom the freshmen if we plan to not finish in the cellar. As things stand, doesn't look pretty. Could punt, play the freshmen a ton of minutes...but is that fair to AT and Nze? Not really, so, LaVall has to work his magic and get a couple of these guys. We are on no one's list right now who is immediately eligible other than the kid from Houston Baptist and Hardy from UNLV.

The other hope I guess is to pray on the NCAA waiving the sit out rule thingy for first time transfers and hope we land something there. Either way, it's a huge uphill battle (no pun) to make this a competitive team next year. He has to get a couple of wins.

2. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Active Member

Money:
    $247
    Sean should be a lottery pick if tucker is declaring for the draft.
    I might declare next season if I practice my free throws

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

AZRPh and tedfrye like this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,109
    Um RS AT next year and play all the freshman to gain experience :D

BNiche and Hinkle Magic2 like this.
  4. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $853
    lol, why not. AT seems like an intellectual guy and could begin his Master's.

5. coach roastbeef

coach roastbeef Member

Money:
    $46
    dang JT was gonna be a beast next year, he will be missed!

Brett, BNiche and SFlaDawg like this.
  6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,109
    Don't laugh, if all the freshman and JMM played next year and RS AT, the next year would probably be a Final 4 caliber team...AT Harris and Tate would be the best Big East backcourt, Scooby, Hastings, Pierce Thomas, Coles Golden Wilmoth and JMM would just be filthy...

7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,512
    I remember wanting to redshirt Nored ahead of the 2011-12 season. Could've had a Nored-Rotnei backcourt a year later. Haha.

8. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $836
    Nice find. I think we found JT's agent.

I found his LinkedIn profile. Lavar Ball he is not. Considered connecting with him but thought better.

9. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,943
    He could, but I really think based in his comments that he has moved on. And if I were LaVall, I would be honest with him and tell him that he's welcome (if that is the case at this point), but he is actively pursuing his replacement.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,065
    Actually not the worst idea. No reason for him to waste his sr season on a last place team.

11. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,726
    Agreed, wasn't tough and could not get to the basket!

12. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,512
    Not sure I agree with "Tucker wasn't tough." I saw him banging down low on the glass countless times and even got elbowed and lost a tooth this year.

Now was he going to be the first one to dive on the floor for a loose ball? Maybe not.

People seem to find narratives and stick with them unfortunately.

13. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $668
    Young man wants to pursue his dreams.

He bought into his role at Butler. Like he said, he grew both on and off the court.

14. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,427
    Wow that got ugly quick. Although i do agree with those questioning his decision, **** you guys for bashing him. His post was nothing but glowing comments about coming to Butler. I hate it when you guys bash a kid because he doesn’t do what you think he should do. He’s a kid. He’s got a dream. I hope he’s successful and remembers Butler fondly with a big donation to the program. I remember being disappointed when Hayward left.

I’m just glad he didn’t transfer.

He gave us a couple of years and is doing what he feels is in his best interest.

I wish him nothing but luck.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,077
    Hearing that this had a lot to do with just not wanting to be a student any more.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

16. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,314
    I think an extra season would have helped him showcase his talents, but at the end of the day its his life and he's gotta live it how he wants to.

He's got the frame, athleticism, and shooting range/form to make it professionally. I hope he does. Would have loved to have seen him in a Butler uniform for one more year though!

Brett likes this.
  17. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,694
    Bingo!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Brett likes this.
  18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,726
    Who knows what Euro basketball will like next year, G-League or bust!

19. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Active Member

Money:
    $247
    Tucker posted on Instagram, battle commented “finally” not sure what that means. Maybe things did end bad with battle. These two guys are very confident in themselves and didn’t show much of anything on the court to back it up.

20. IndyDawgs

IndyDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $489
    He may not want to be a student anymore but is anyone actually certain that two of the top European leagues (Spain and Italy) will be having seasons in 2020?!?! I mean, good luck to the young man but I hope he gets feedback from NBA scouts about what to work on and returns to Butler.

Brett likes this.