Tucker has left the building

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 26, 2020.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    It means neither liked playing for LaVall, which was insanely obvious.

dippper61 likes this.
  2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,675
    This is pure speculation but I wonder if his emphasis on defense was the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,828
    If he comes back it will be without a scholarship. Jordan will be plucking a couple of grad transfers sooner rather than later. If I was a grad transfer looking for a fit where my scoring ability would be showcased, I’d look toward Indy first.

I didn’t see the memo where the draft was going back to 8 rounds. I guess I missed it? Seriously, I wish him the best. But with 3 semesters of college ball under his belt I think the NBA is a pipe dream. If the “school” part is what he didn’t like but he wants to be a professional, he’s going to be working harder than ever to try to fulfill that dream.

Good luck JT!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

AZRPh likes this.
  4. Southside Dawg

Southside Dawg Member

Money:
    $118
    My 2 favorites Tucker and Battle gone. These freshman better be fantastic. I just dont see Butler being very good, where is the scoring coming from? Thompson no, Nze and Golden to inconsistant. As far as Tucker I think he bought into the Butler way but actually may be more suited for NBA style of play. Same with Battle I felt like he was extremely athletic and more suited for an uptempo type of offense which we all know is not Butler. Ridiculous for people on here to bash either one of these kids. You cant fault a kid for chasing his dreams,maybe he has gotten info and talked to people before he did make this decision. Good luck Tuck I'll be rooting for ya

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,186
    Goodness, someone tell him adulting sucks and stay in college as long as you can ffs.

6. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,923
    You seen his lifestyle?

7. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,001
    I do think growing up around hip-hop music and bright lights did not serve him well in trying to adapt to the Hinkle Fieldhouse method of playing basketball - so that's that. The nature of College basketball is now filled with transfers, and we are out looking for relevant pieces just like 250 other programs - so let's just adapt and play this part of the game better than all those others - I don't think Collier is blind to the environment we now live in.

Tentozen likes this.
  8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,953
    Give me a break.

9. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
  10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,734
  11. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $582
    Many of his REN teammates are declaring for pro and a few are predicted lottery picks. I'm fairly certain JT's game has been well analyzed and words of wisdom have passed the lips of some of the current greats and possibly even one considered the G.O.A.T. My personal prediction is watch where his friend Jordan Nwora ends up as the teamwork of the 2 of them was unstoppable in AAU. My swami says Toronto.

12. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    I think he will go and talk to the NBA scouts they will say he is G league material (at best) with tons of potential. Now does he want to spend 2-3 years in the G league or come back and be a senior and the best player and hopefully if all goes well get drafted next year.

13. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $579
    My guess is he will be told he needs to work on a few things by NBA scouts. He will return for his senior year (maybe not butler) and work on them. Allowing these guys to get some NBA looks and still come back is one of the best thing the NCAA has ever done. Every player with NBA aspirations should take advantage of it.

NCJon likes this.
  14. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    Does anyone know the date when tucker has to make a choice?
    @Armydawg I agree but I don’t think if he does return it would be anywhere beside Butler unless we are full. I doubt he wants to sit out a whole year and go to class if the rumors are true he didn’t like that.

jeff and Army Dawg!!! like this.
  15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,492
    After a rule change two years ago, undrafted players can return to college after the draft.

godogs91 likes this.
  16. BUdawgsfan04

BUdawgsfan04 Active Member

Money:
    $242
    I am hoping so. Without Jordan, teams will play a packed in 2-3 zone and we will be doing dribble hand offs until the shot expires.

thevinrod likes this.
  17. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,320
    Yeah, I don't think it makes sense to bash the kid--especially now that he might be returning.

Disagree with the decision? Yes. Bash him? No.

Figure the NBA scouts will say exactly what most here are: he's not an NBA player, yet.

If he came back to Butler and had a big year--maybe even as our leading scorer, maybe he could be.

SnoopDawg, BoyGeoff and seadawg like this.
  18. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    I think while we might not thinks he’s NBA ready yet.... he defiantly thinks he is. I’m just hoping he gets honest advice I really think him coming back could help in the long run for him

19. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $579
    I don’t believe this is right. I think they have to around end of May to withdraw or hire an agent. Not sure they can go all the way through the draft.

20. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,808