Tucker has left the building

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,411
    He needs to rethink his decision. Maybe, he will transfer ... Someone gave him bad advice. He's not ready to play in the NBA or Europe. The timing of his announcement is rather strange, since the pandemic is showing no sign of going away anytime soon. There may be no basketball till 2021.

MadDawg2020 likes this.
  2. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Active Member

Money:
    $249
    Might be possible he just wants to see what scouts have to say. I support that idea. I don’t see a transfer happening. What school will offer him what butler can’t? He will he the man next season if he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Army Dawg!!! likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,788
    Hard to scout when everyone in the world is too afraid to be within a few feel of each other.

Either way, he's not coming back y'all. Erase that from the brain bank.

4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,079
    I think some scouts have already told him what he didn’t want to hear.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,145
    Weird as hell to put out this grand "farewell/thank you" only to turn around and hedge like this. He's not coming back to Butler and I frankly don't care. This team is entering a rebuilding phase and we are likely heading for a last place finish next year, with or without Tucker.

I'm honestly tired of listening to broadcasters talk about our "Duke transfer" every game anyway.

estar20dawg and DawgsMD like this.
  6. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,788
    I think unfortunately you are right. This year is going to have to about throwing a bunch of guys out there that won't know what hit them. We have 3 dudes that have proven then can play at this level. Last place is a guarantee unless LaVall can deliver two immediate transfers.

7. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,158
    I'm not surprised to see the usual "Chicken Little" and "Fox and the Grapes" comments from members of this site. It must be exhausting jumping to conclusions about everything and putting themselves on the emotional roller coaster based on their presumptions.

8. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,100
    7??

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon likes this.
  9. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,145
    I'm not sure what is so "chicken little" about expecting next year to be a rebuilding year. I've literally been expecting this for 2 years and I'm not upset about it. I think this incoming class will be the start of a special run, but there isn't enough upper classman support for this team to be good. Golden/Thompson/Nze plus a rotation of freshmen.

Sure, if LaVall can bag the right transfers, all could change . . . but Battle/Tucker weren't making this team a contender.

I can't wait to watch the freshman class grow and that's what next year about for me.

willisbrown likes this.
  10. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
    So sad how fast some on here flip to bashing players for decisions. Tucker has every right to test the NBA waters with the new rules. As long as he doesn't hire an agent, he can come back. Maybe this will be a good thing and he will hear what he needs to work on.

Transfer or not, NBA or not, who cares? The kid sat a year as a transfer and everyone here was sky-high on him. This year he accepted his role as a 6th man and came in and worked hard for the team. He may or may not have NBA talent, but the posts on this board about "good riddance" and "won't miss him" and "will never make it" are ridiculous.

I see this as no different than a different profession attending a "career fair" or something. He has a chance to test and get some advice and come back. Let him do that. And, if he does leave (transfer, NBA, G-League, Europe) then focus on the fact that he was a Dawg.

codawg, Albick, Ben Duffin and 12 others like this.
  11. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,145
    Sure, he has the right to test the waters. I expected he would. However, issuing a big Twtter Farewell post and hedging a few hours later just screams of attention seeking. I've never seen a player post a "Thank You/Goodbye" post like that until they actually declared for the draft. If he is moving on, fine . . . bye. If he thinks he might be back next year and is just wanting to go through the process and get feedback to see how scouts feel about his NBA-readiness, then just keep your damn mouth shut until you have actual news.

The whole, "Hey, look at me everyone, I might be leaving" schtick doesn't play well.

Butlerpharm12 likes this.
  12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
    So because a 20 or 21 year old kid posts something not well thought out on social media means that everyone on here should bash him? I'm not disagreeing that it wasn't typical and it may have been attention seeking. But the hate expressed toward him is not an equal response for the action. That's my point.

13. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,015
    I’m willing to bet 90% of kids that decided to come back last season announced they were going through the draft process....

Y’all had it out for Battle and Tuck but not Brunk....hmmmm wonder why? Smh.

bwesson15, dawgs2014 and BoyGeoff like this.
  14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,859
    You're ridiculous. Plenty of people bashed Brunk and still do to this day. I don't know where the narrative that everyone was rainbows and butterflies about Brunk came from. His thread had the same tone. Don't make it a race thing.

jeff, SnoopDawg, 2xDawg and 2 others like this.
  15. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,214
    Good luck and thanks for the play that you gave us. All the rest is just speculation and heart ache...

16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,044
    Lol if you think that screams of attention that’s a you problem.

Do you realize the arrogance that it takes to suggest that if you haven’t seen something, it must be of questionable character?

Stop roasting the kid for your own lack of awareness of things that happen all the time.

Even if this weren’t common, kids while being recruiting cut their list to their top 20 and put it on twitter. It’s no more of a look at me thing than posting your resume on LinkedIn.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. dawgy dawgy

Money:
    $249
    You would be surprised how many kids do that now. Get out of your 1970s bubble.

18. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,217
    If Tucker is not a fan of being a student or doesn't like playing for LaVall, I get it. But his other options seem limited or at least sub-optimal. I can't imagine a scenario where he ends up on an NBA roster. I would also think COVID-19 puts a damper on him wanting to go to Europe (or even, potentially, its viability next season) and I don't see him slugging it out in the D-League. So, that leaves transfer. Can he be a grad transfer? Doesn't sound like it, so then he has to sit out a year, being a student, which he reportedly doesn't like.

Nothing sounds all that fantastic for him (including, apparently, staying at BU). I wish him well, though. He improved his game while at BU and helped to make this past season better than I ever anticipated.

Lastly, to anyone who acts like Brunk was sent off with accolades and rose petals being thrown at his feet as he rode off into the sunset, I have a question for you. What planet do you live on?

Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  19. dawgy dawgy

Money:
    $249
    To support your comment. **** Brunk he sucks!! :)

SnoopDawg likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,788
    Well to be fair, 75% or so of this site hated Tucker to begin with. Just go look at game threads from last season and the season before. People on here despise him. So this just added to the anger.