TV info for New Orleans 11/9

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bu97, Oct 28, 2019.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,693
    Carolina played last night and it was on FloHoops, whatever the hell that is. (Actually it's a really awful streaming network the Colonial Athletic Association uses and the game was at UNCW. But whatever).

2. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    I have the same issue fast-forwarding during the game with Sling. If I DVR the entire game I can go to the DVR recording while the game is still in progress and FF and REW that all I want to.

The "recording" and the game in progress are two different things. I can move around in the recording" but not the "game in progress".

Don't know if that makes any sense and also it might not work for your platform.

EDITED TO ADD: I've re-read your post and I think I mis-read it the first time. Oh well. Cheerio!

3. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    I just signed up for Hulu Live and I don't see any regional sports network

HELP!

Someone said you get all of those no matter where you live. how come i dont?

4. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    It looks like I can't because I'm in California. I thought someone said it would work. damn. Now I signed up for nothing.

5. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $353
    I’m in SoCal and use Hulu Live. Should be Fox Prime Ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $167
    Based on this thread, I signed up for youtube tv tonight...I can already tell I'm going to keep it...fantastic.

ButlerGoalie and iluvsnow like this.
  7. tyrin101

tyrin101 New Member

Money:
    $29
    Is it really 50 bucks a month???

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $524
    I've had Youtube-TV for more than a year and love it. Had switched back and forth for years on the two satellites prior. Has all the sports nets....and all the other nets I would have watched and half the price or lower. The cloud storage, instead of a DVR is so simple and easy. One click and every BU game is stored, all season. Plus every movie or tv show is stored as well. You can watch on your time. Heck of a choice.

9. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $167
    Yes. Not bad at all for a full lineup of every channel I would potentially watch.

10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,591
    My Comcast costs me $163 a month.

I need to switch. YouTube TV for $50 and high speed internet for something around $50 would save me $720 per year

11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,873
  12. Geoffrey Bannister

Geoffrey Bannister Member

Money:
    $84
    I’m at $250 a month internet xfinity with premium channels plus phone, amazon plus Netflix phone seems too much. Have to research YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,149
    I got in with YouTube TV in its infancy when it was still just $35. They grandfathered that price in when it bumped to $40 a while ago, but I wasn’t so lucky when they bumped to $50. Still, $50 for YouTube TV and $60 for AT&T internet feels like a steal.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,977
    I've heard some really good things about City Lights TV CLTV extra is $35 a month plus whatever your high shows internet is. I think I'm going to be switching to that soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,119
    My only complaint is the lack of the History Channel. I need to know what they find in the bottom of that pit on Oak Island. Still weighing my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Cranjis McBasketball likes this.
  16. Mad_Dawg 48

Mad_Dawg 48 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $130
    I have Hulu Live currently and I think it has been pretty reasonable from a pricing standpoint until today they notified me costs are going up to $60.99 per month. On top of that I have had some streaming/buffering issues in live sports and I know it’s not because of my internet because other streaming services work fine. I’m looking at maybe making a switch to Sling, YouTubeTV, or FuboTV. Based on pricing and channel selection I am leaning towards Sling right now. Does anyone have Sling/would they recommend?

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,119
    What are you using to serve your stream? I have Apple TV 4K with YouTube TV and I love it. That said, there's a known bug with live sports between Apple TV and YTTV and they've measuring dicks for a year now over it. It's not terrible, but it seems to be a resolution slip several times during the game. It's only sports. The rest of content is perfect. All the other apps are fine. It's weird, but something I'm living with until they start playing along nicely.